Aladdin Token not visible after reinserting (hotplug)

Aladdin Token not visible after reinserting (hotplug)

peterpmbox-post
I have the following problem with Aladdin eToken:

Inserting the token and starting openct
(etc/init.d/openct start) works fine: I can see the
token with openct-tool list. But when i remove the
token and insert it again, it is not visible with
openct-tool.
It is only visible when i restart openct.

When accessing the token via pcsc-lite, i also have to
restart the pcscd after reinserting the token to have
it available again.

Any hints?

Re: Aladdin Token not visible after reinserting (hotplug) [u]

Andreas Jellinghaus-2
On Monday 06 June 2005 10:52, [hidden email] wrote:
> I have the following problem with Aladdin eToken:
>
> Inserting the token and starting openct
> (etc/init.d/openct start) works fine: I can see the
> token with openct-tool list. But when i remove the
> token and insert it again, it is not visible with
> openct-tool.
> It is only visible when i restart openct.

looks like you have a hotplug problem.

I guess linux? is your kernel compiled with CONFIG_HOTPLUG?
do you have a /sbin/hotplug script? did you install the
"openct" and "openct.usermap" files to /etc/hotplug/usb/
(as documented in the quickstart guide)?

are you sure your hotplug system works as usual - will look
at that openct.usermap file and execute the openct script?
(your could replace it with a script that creates a log file,
so you will see if it was executed for example.)

unfortunatly hotplug is a bit difficult to debug,
but I hope this information is enough to get you going :(