Android

Andreas Schwier (ML)
Hi,

does anyone have an overview on the current status of OpenSC for Android
? The seek-for-android project did a port of the 0.11.13 version, so is
anyone working on a port of the 0.13 release ?

Background is, that we've ported the SmartCard-HSM applet to run on a
MicroSD card that can be embedded into a mobile phone. The
remote-management interface of the SmartCard-HSM works independent of
the PKCS#11 stack, but of course we need a full middleware stack to make
PKI functions available to other applications.

Andreas

[1] http://code.google.com/p/seek-for-android/wiki/SmartCardPKI

--

    ---------    CardContact Software & System Consulting
   |.##> <##.|   Andreas Schwier
   |#       #|   Schülerweg 38
   |#       #|   32429 Minden, Germany
   |'##> <##'|   Phone +49 571 56149
    ---------    http://www.cardcontact.de
                 http://www.tscons.de
                 http://www.openscdp.org

Re: Android

Martin Paljak-4
On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 3:33 PM, Andreas Schwier (ML)
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> does anyone have an overview on the current status of OpenSC for Android
> ? The seek-for-android project did a port of the 0.11.13 version, so is
> anyone working on a port of the 0.13 release ?

IIRC the only thing required was direct linking (pcsc-lite). I've not
found the time/interest of trying to re-build android....

> Background is, that we've ported the SmartCard-HSM applet to run on a
> MicroSD card that can be embedded into a mobile phone.

Where can you buy such cards from?

> The
> remote-management interface of the SmartCard-HSM works independent of
> the PKCS#11 stack, but of course we need a full middleware stack to make
> PKI functions available to other applications.

As much as I've followed the topic I don't know of a universal "CSP"
style approach for Android and the only option is a) rooting b)
bundling a lot of stuff into applications that can then access the
devices.

I don't know if/how OpenMobile API can actually help with accessing
the secure element without patching/rooting.

The best option this far has seemed to be either NFC or Apriva bluetooth reader.

Re: Android

Andreas Schwier (ML)
Hi Martin,

thanks for the update.

We hope to make the MicroSD card available any time soon at
www.cardomatic.de.

Andreas

--

    ---------    CardContact Software & System Consulting
   |.##> <##.|   Andreas Schwier
   |#       #|   Schülerweg 38
   |#       #|   32429 Minden, Germany
   |'##> <##'|   Phone +49 571 56149
    ---------    http://www.cardcontact.de
                 http://www.tscons.de
                 http://www.openscdp.org

Re: Android

Andreas Schwier (ML)
Hi Martin,

the SmartCard-HSM in a MicroSD form factor is now available at
cardomatic. This complements the ID-000, ID-1 contactless / contact and
USB form factor.

The PC/SC driver for Windows and an OCF driver for Android are available
at the CardContact Developers Network. An access card for the CDN is
provided with each MicroSD card.

Andreas

--

    ---------    CardContact Software & System Consulting