Another Add-on for Firefox and Thunderbird

Another Add-on for Firefox and Thunderbird

Jan Suhr-2
Hi!
Even though there is already an add-on for Firefox, we now released an
add-on for Firefox and Thunderbird which originates of the Crypto Stick
project.

Features:
- For Firefox and Thunderbird
- On Windows, Linux, MacOS (for both 32 and 64 bit)
- No prior installation of OpenSC required
- Contains OpenSC 0.13

The source code and XPIs are available at:
https://www.assembla.com/code/cryptostick/git-3/nodes

We would be glad to see it being adopted by the OpenSC project. Anybody
interested?

Best regards,
Jan

Re: Another Add-on for Firefox and Thunderbird

Interesting, especially that you bundle the DLL-s/SO-s with the XPI.

For a "generic" solution (lets call it "Firefox PKCS#11 module loader") it:
 - should have: configurable module path (and name) (with sensible defaults)
 - must have: loaded with "friendly certs" option by default (keep in
mind that this only applies for as long as the slots are available.
Thus re-loading the module on every invocation might make sense)

Here is some insight:

https://svn.eesti.ee/projektid/idkaart_public/branches/3.7.1/esteid-pkcs11-module-loader/chrome/content/pkcs11-loader.js

While it makes sense to bundle PKCS#11 module(s) with the XPI, it also
makes sense to be able to load the "platform modules" when they exist.

I personally gave up with Firefox and use Chrome, which more or less
does the right things (except the "friendly certs" thing in NSS) and
JustWorks on Mac/Windows. I wish NSS (of Firefox) at some stage would
learn to use platform services and cert stores.

http://justalilhype.com/blog/alan/files/2011/07/firefox-chrome-internet-explorer-670x480.jpg

+372 5156495