Any news about the Signtrust Identity Card?

Any news about the Signtrust Identity Card?

M. Böttcher
Hi,
I own a Signtrust Identity Card and wonder, if there's any chance yet to get it working with opensc.
How can I examine, which certificate is for encrypting, signing, authorization?

regards
Marcel

Re: Any news about the Signtrust Identity Card?

Andreas Jellinghaus-2
On Tuesday 06 September 2005 12:14, M. Böttcher wrote:
> Hi,
> I own a Signtrust Identity Card

me too. didn't even find time to try.

maybe it will work with netkey driver, maybe
it needs someone to write a new driver,
don't know.

opensc-tool should give you atr etc,
maybe you can look at it with opensc-explorer,
don't know, maybe you need to add the atr via
config file or source to the netkey driver to
get it working, and maybe it won'r work at all.
sorry, so far noone cared about those cards...
(or not recently enought and it is forgotten already)

Re: Any news about the Signtrust Identity Card?

Peter Koch-3
> I own a Signtrust Identity Card and wonder, if there's any chance yet to
> get it working with opensc.
> How can I examine, which certificate is for encrypting, signing,
> authorization?

Yes there is a chance! The only thing that is needed is an owner of a
Signtrust card that is willing to do some testing.

Signtrust and Netkey cards are both TCOS based. There's an emulation layer
in OpenSC that supports Netkey cards and I'm planning to extend this layer
such that it supports other TCOS based cards as well. The coding has
been done but since I do not have a Signtrust card I cannot test it.

Peter

Re: Any news about the Signtrust Identity Card?

Andreas Jellinghaus-2
I can do all the testing you need (not with guaranteed response time,
but I can do them whenever I find time, and will try to not delay
your work too much).

AW: Any news about the Signtrust Identity Card?

Marcel Böttcher
 That's very fine, I think I can effort the time to do even extensive
testing.
Possibly I also can help developing.

Marcel