Beginner tips for OpenSC/OpenCT EFI port

Beginner tips for OpenSC/OpenCT EFI port

Evgeny Yakovlev
Hello,

I am interested in porting OpenSC/OpenCT to EFI however i am very new to both projects and haven't yet got accustomed to their architecture and sources. What i did managed to figure out is that i will have to implement ifd_sysdep_usb_* on EFI USB stack.

I will greatly appriciate any tips, pointers and possible pitfalls on doing the port from more experienced people. Sorry i don't have a specific question yet, but i have to start somewhere and i figured any information might be helpful.

Thanks.

Re: Beginner tips for OpenSC/OpenCT EFI port

Andreas Schwier (ML)
Hi Evgeny,

we've done a similar thing with a lightweight CT-API/PKCS#11 stack, not
specifically for EFI but for embedded devices. We found the full OpenSC
stack to heavyweight for a port to a memory constrained device.

The CTCCID part currently talks to libusb for interfacing with an CCID
card reader, but that layer can easily be replaced with a different USB-API.

The project is hosted at [1].

Andreas

[1] https://github.com/CardContact/sc-hsm-embedded