CKR_USER_NOT_LOGGED_IN error in pkcs11-tool

CKR_USER_NOT_LOGGED_IN error in pkcs11-tool

dgambin
Hi,

I am getting CKR_USER_NOT_LOGGED_IN error when trying to do pkcs11-tool
-t -l. Login is successfull but C_GenerateRandom gives me this error. I
have cache_pins turned on in opensc.conf

Is there some other possible reasons? I am using JCOP card

regards, dejan

Re: CKR_USER_NOT_LOGGED_IN error in pkcs11-tool

Nils Larsch
Gambin Dejan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am getting CKR_USER_NOT_LOGGED_IN error when trying to do pkcs11-tool
> -t -l. Login is successfull but C_GenerateRandom gives me this error. I
> have cache_pins turned on in opensc.conf
>
> Is there some other possible reasons? I am using JCOP card

hmm, opensc uses the GET CHALLENGE iso command to get random
data from the card. GET CHALLENGE is normally used for internal
or mutual device authentication and hence the JCOP card applet
might have some extra requirements before GET CHALLENGE can be
used (btw: we would need to look at the log to see where exactly
the error occurs). Unless you need to use C_GenerateRandom
I won't consider this problem critical.

Cheers,
Nils