Card Driver information to Support SafeNet's DK400 Smart Card

Card Driver information to Support SafeNet's DK400 Smart Card

Puneet Khunteta
Hello,

I need the opensc provided card driver information to work with SafeNet's DK400 Smart card
Card Atr : 3B:FF:18:00:00:81:31:FE:4D:80:25:A0:00:00:00:56:57:44:4B:34:30:30:06:00:DD

Let me know if any furter information is require.
Please help me asap.
Thank you.

Regards,
Puneet Khunteta

Re: Card Driver information to Support SafeNet's DK400 Smart Card

Douglas E. Engert
Google for SafeNet DK400

Others have asked this question before, and others have said they would contact
the vendor to get more information on how the card works, but it looks like no one has.

But the SafeNet product Brief for the Smart Card 400 at:
http://www.safenet-inc.com/WorkArea/linkit.aspx?LinkIdentifier=id&ItemID=8589939020&libID=8589940029

Says that this is "PIV-2 compliant"

So if this is the card, and the card has been initialized, i.e. issued by some agency
as a PIV card, with certificates, keys, etc, you could try using the PIV driver in OpenSC.
This would allow a user to use such a card, but none of the extra features that
SafeNet may have added on top of PIV.

For as true PIV card, the default application is required to be the PIV application.  It may
be that the application is on the card, but not the default application.

Try the attached patch to the opensc.conf, and turn on debugging in the opensc.conf:
  debug = 7;
  debug_file = /tmp/opensc-debug.log;

Then run pkcs15-tool -C
The driver will try and read all the possible PIV objects on the card,
If not found will say: "Data object read failed: File not found"
If it can read any it will list them in hex.

Send the debug output.

On 7/24/2012 6:04 AM, Puneet Khunteta wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need the opensc provided card driver information to work with SafeNet's DK400 Smart card
> Card Atr : 3B:FF:18:00:00:81:31:FE:4D:80:25:A0:00:00:00:56:57:44:4B:34:30:30:06:00:DD
>
> Let me know if any furter information is require.
> Please help me asap.
> Thank you.
>
> Regards,
> Puneet Khunteta

opensc.dk400.conf (586 bytes) Download Attachment