Compiling engine_pkcs11 and libp11 using MSVC2010

Compiling engine_pkcs11 and libp11 using MSVC2010

Dominik Wagner

Hello everyone,

I’m trying to use engine_pkcs11 with OpenSSL as described in https://github.com/OpenSC/OpenSC/wiki/Engine-pkcs11-quickstart

I couldn’t find a binary version, so I’m trying to compile using Visual Studio 2010. To do this, I apparently have to compile libp11 from source.

However, compilation fails:

C:\dev\src\libp11>nmake -f Makefile.mak /nologo

NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make 'versioninfo.rc'

Stop.

NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'for' : return code '0x2'

Stop.

(versioninfo.rc does not exists, it seems like I’m missing a vital step to derive it from versioninfo.rc.in)

How should I build libp11 and engine_pkcs11? Is using MSVC supported at all? From what I could find in the repo’s history it should be possible somehow…

Thank you very much,

Dominik Wagner

Re: Compiling engine_pkcs11 and libp11 using MSVC2010

Douglas E Engert

On 5/13/2014 5:06 AM, Dominik Wagner wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I’m trying to use engine_pkcs11 with OpenSSL as described in https://github.com/OpenSC/OpenSC/wiki/Engine-pkcs11-quickstart
>
> I couldn’t find a binary version, so I’m trying to compile using Visual Studio 2010. To do this, I apparently have to compile libp11 from source.
>
> However, compilation fails:
>
> C:\dev\src\libp11>nmake -f Makefile.mak /nologo
>
> NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make 'versioninfo.rc'
>
> Stop.
>
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'for' : return code '0x2'
>
> Stop.
>
> (versioninfo.rc does not exists, it seems like I’m missing a vital step to derive it from versioninfo.rc.in)
>
> How should I build libp11 and engine_pkcs11? Is using MSVC supported at all? From what I could find in the repo’s history it should be possible somehow…

GIT has the basic files. You will need to run bootstrap on a linux system, as it will then create a distribution
version of the source that can then be used on Windows. The src/Makefile.in creates the versioninfo.rc