Compiling on Mac OS X 10.4

likanen
I mailed on this list some while ago about compiling on Mac OS X 10.4
which seemed to work on others and e.g. for me it didn't (or it did
compile okay but there was something wrong). I have solved my problem
and it seems that CardMan 2020 USB driver for Mac OS X doesn't work
with 10.4.

Re: Compiling on Mac OS X 10.4 [u]

maybe you can give me a hint for compiling on Mac OS X:
where will I find the PCSC header files?

I'm a total newby to mac os X, and after installing developer
tools, the gcc updates and xcode 1.5 (I still have mac os X 10.3),
that isn't enough. And at least apple claims it would be not a good
idea to replace pcsc-lite with a self compiled version.

also the only thing apple.com finds when searching for PCSC is that
list of frameworks, but not further details at all :(

Thanks for your help,

Re: Compiling on Mac OS X 10.4 [u]

likanen
If you search the archives about mac os x and look for discussions
where I have been involved you can get a more thorough answer than
this: AFAIR Apple provided 10.3 with old version of pcsc-lite which
isn't supported with opensc. 10.4 works just right out of box (and
that being said, I cannot compile successfully with 10.4.1 with the
latest security patch, but I could with 10.4). Luckily I have working
binaries from the earlier attempt (only to find that Apple's JRE 5.0
doesn't have PKCS#11 wrapper, oh well...).

Make fails with 0.9.6 at:
Making all in opensc
Making all in .
Making all in rsaref
Making all in scconf
/bin/sh ../../libtool --mode=link gcc  -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing -g -
O2 -no-cpp-precomp    -o libscconf.la -rpath /usr/local/lib -version-
info 1:0:0 scconf.lo parse.lo write.lo sclex.lo  -Wl,-
framework,CoreFoundation
gcc -dynamiclib -flat_namespace -undefined suppress -o .libs/
libscconf.1.0.0.dylib  .libs/scconf.o .libs/parse.o .libs/
write.o .libs/sclex.o  -Wl,-framework -Wl,CoreFoundation -
install_name  /usr/local/lib/libscconf.1.dylib -compatibility_version
2 -current_version 2.0
/usr/bin/libtool: for architecture: cputype (16777234) cpusubtype (0)
file: -lSystem is not an object file (not allowed in a library)
make[3]: *** [libscconf.la] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

On 13.6.2005, at 0.48, Andreas Jellinghaus [c] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> maybe you can give me a hint for compiling on Mac OS X:
> where will I find the PCSC header files?
>
> I'm a total newby to mac os X, and after installing developer
> tools, the gcc updates and xcode 1.5 (I still have mac os X 10.3),
> that isn't enough. And at least apple claims it would be not a good
> idea to replace pcsc-lite with a self compiled version.
>
> also the only thing apple.com finds when searching for PCSC is that
> list of frameworks, but not further details at all :(
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Andreas

Re: Compiling on Mac OS X 10.4 [u]

Eric Norman

On Jun 12, 2005, at 4:48 PM, Andreas Jellinghaus [c] wrote:

I hope this is helpful, or at least encouraging.

> maybe you can give me a hint for compiling on Mac OS X:
> where will I find the PCSC header files?

The standard ones would be in
/System/Library/Frameworks/PCSC.framework/Headers

However, I don' t think you need to worry about that because I just
compiled version
0.9.6 of opensc on a Macintosh without problem.  The Mac is running
version 10.4.1
of Tiger and version 2.1 or the Xcode tools are installed.  I
configured opensc with

sh configure --prefix=/usr/local

I also compiled my eToken driver with xcode, installed it, and things
like opensc-explorer
or pkcs15-tool don't seem to have a problem.

I haven't looked much, so there might be deeper problems, or problems
with other cards,
but I haven't seen any problems yet as far as opensc and the PCSC
daemon (aka SmartcardServices)
that comes with the Macontosh are concerned.  So I hope that's
encouraging.

Eric Norman
University of Wisconsin

Re: Compiling on Mac OS X 10.4 [u]

On 12/06/05, Andreas Jellinghaus [c] <[hidden email]> wrote:
> maybe you can give me a hint for compiling on Mac OS X:
> where will I find the PCSC header files?

For pcsc-tools for MacOS X I used in my Makefile:
CFLAGS=-framework PCSC
LDLIBS=-framework PCSC

I don't know if that changed in MacOS X 10.4.x

Bye,

 For private mail use [hidden email] and not "big brother" Google