From open sc user

Ranjit Kumar
Hai,
I am using starcos G&D card with omnikey reader.i could not able to store key on that card. Can you help me? Now i am using opensc_pkcs11.dll,opensc.dll and pkcs15 init .dll.
Using tool i typed the command in the tool. I attach my logfile and error file with this mail.below also i display the error .
//**************************************************
Hi,
here's a problem from Ranjith,Bala and Lakshmanan.
His StarCOS returns "Unsupported INS" on an erase of the MF.
 From the code: This function deletes the MF (for 'test cards' only).
What they want to do is to pkcs15-init a card with the one-pin option
so then can generate a keypair using pkcs11.

Using the current OpenSC code (from SVN) on Windows:
C:\Program Files\OpenSC\tools>pkcs15-init -E
 > Failed to erase card: Unsupported INS byte in APDU
Here is a part of the log:
ATR try : 3B:B7:94:00:81:31:fe:65:53:50:4b:32:33:90:00:d1
matched: STARCOS SPK 2.3
card info: STARCOS SPK 2.3, 7001, 0x0
[...]
Sending 7 bytes (resp. 258 bytes):
80 E4 00 00 02 3F 00 .....?.
Received 0 bytes (SW1=6D SW2=00)
sw1 = 0x6d, sw2 = 0x00
card.c:531:: called

//**************************************************************
  Can i test with engine_pkcs11.dll?I created enging_pkcs11.dll for openssl in debug mode.In command prompt i am trying to load that dll(engine dynamic -pre) but i got some exceptionhandling error in NTDLL.dll. why this error comes?Can u clear this error? U also specified in ur mail libezp11 file. How can i use that file in openssl with engine_pkcs11.dll?
Please help me,
Regards,
Ranjith

opensc-debug-zs.log (8K) Download Attachment
opensc-errors-zs.log (142 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: From open sc user

Stef Hoeben
Hi,

- pkcs15-init -E is probably not possible with your card.
  Pls. see Nils' mail titled "Re: [opensc-user] StarCOS pkcs15-init ?"

- we're the same guys as on the opens-user list -- if we can't help you
  there, we probably can't help you here either :-)

- about the pkcs11-engine: can you give some details (what you typed,
  which versions, the exact error, ...)

Stef

Ranjit Kumar wrote:

> Hai,
> I am using starcos G&D card with omnikey reader.i could not able to
> store key on that card. Can you help me? Now i am using
> opensc_pkcs11.dll,opensc.dll and pkcs15 init .dll.
> Using tool i typed the command in the tool. I attach my logfile and
> error file with this mail.below also i display the error .
> //**************************************************
> Hi,
> here's a problem from Ranjith,Bala and Lakshmanan.
> His StarCOS returns "Unsupported INS" on an erase of the MF.
>  From the code: This function deletes the MF (for 'test cards' only).
> What they want to do is to pkcs15-init a card with the one-pin option
> so then can generate a keypair using pkcs11.

> Using the current OpenSC code (from SVN) on Windows:
> C:\Program Files\OpenSC\tools>pkcs15-init -E
>  > Failed to erase card: Unsupported INS byte in APDU
> Here is a part of the log:
> ATR try : 3B:B7:94:00:81:31:fe:65:53:50:4b:32:33:90:00:d1
> matched: STARCOS SPK 2.3
> card info: STARCOS SPK 2.3, 7001, 0x0
> [...]
> Sending 7 bytes (resp. 258 bytes):
> 80 E4 00 00 02 3F 00 .....?.
> Received 0 bytes (SW1=6D SW2=00)
> sw1 = 0x6d, sw2 = 0x00
> card.c:531:: called
>
> //**************************************************************
>   Can i test with engine_pkcs11.dll?I created enging_pkcs11.dll for
> openssl in debug mode.In command prompt i am trying to load that
> dll(engine dynamic -pre) but i got some exceptionhandling error in
> NTDLL.dll. why this error comes?Can u clear this error? U also
> specified in ur mail libezp11 file. How can i use that file in openssl
> with engine_pkcs11.dll?
> Please help me,
> Regards,
> Ranjith
>

> *Yahoo! India Matrimony*
> <http://in.rd.yahoo.com/specials/mailtg/*http://yahoo.shaadi.com/india-matrimony/>*:*
> Find your life partner online
> <http://in.rd.yahoo.com/specials/mailtg2/*http://yahoo.shaadi.com/india-matrimony/>.

Re: From open sc user

Ranjit Kumar

Ranjit Kumar wrote:

> Hai,
> I am using starcos G&D card with omnikey reader.i could not able to
> store key on that card. Can you help me? Now i am using
> opensc_pkcs11.dll,opensc.dll and pkcs15 init .dll.
> Using tool i typed the command in the tool. I attach my logfile and
> error file with this mail.below also i display the error .
> //**************************************************
> Hi,
> here's a problem from Ranjith,Bala and Lakshmanan.
> His StarCOS returns "Unsupported INS" on an erase ! of the MF.
> From the code: This function deletes the MF (for 'test cards' only).
> What they want to do is to pkcs15-init a card with the one-pin option
> so then can generate a keypair using pkcs11.

> Using the current OpenSC code (from SVN) on Windows:
> C:\Program Files\OpenSC\tools>pkcs15-init -E
> > Failed to erase card: Unsupported INS byte in APDU
> Here is a part of the log:
> ATR try : 3B:B7:94:00:81:31:fe:65:53:50:4b:32:33:90:00:d1
> matched: STARCOS SPK 2.3
> card info: STARCOS SPK 2.3, 7001, 0x0
> [...]
> Sending 7 bytes (resp. 258 bytes):
> 80 E4 00 00 02 3F 00 .....?.
> Received 0 bytes (SW1=6D SW2=00)
> sw1 = 0x6d, sw2 = 0x00
> card.c:531:: called
>
> //**************************************************************
&g! t; Can i test with engine_pkcs11.dll?I created enging_pkcs11.dll for

> openssl in debug mode.In command prompt i am trying to load that
> dll(engine dynamic -pre) but i got some exceptionhandling error in
> NTDLL.dll. why this error comes?Can u clear this error? U also
> specified in ur mail libezp11 file. How can i use that file in openssl
> with engine_pkcs11.dll?
> Please help me,
> Regards,
> Ranjith
>

> *Yahoo! India Matrimony*
> *:*
> Find your life partner online
> .

Hai,

I read ur Document(opensc.html. From that document now i am trying with OpenSSL and engine_pkcs11 module. The document said we can able to access smart card through OpenSSL with engine_pkcs11.

 I think engine _pkcs11.dll is used to connect OpenSSL with other Pkcs11  module like opensc_pkcs11.dll. From that Document i typed command in the tool following format.

C:program files\opensc\tools>openssl

OpenSSL> engine Dynamic -pre

then i got Unhandled exeption error in NTDLL.dll.

How Can i load engine for pkcs#11?

Use this Can i able to generate keypair on the smart card?