Gemalto .NET v2.0 support on linux

Boris Ribalkin
Hi,

By default opensc shows this card as not supported:

opensc-tool -n
Using reader with a card: SCM Microsystems Inc. SCR 355 [CCID Interface] 00 00
Unsupported card

But pcsc_scan shows:
 Possibly identified card (using /usr/share/pcsc/smartcard_list.txt):
3B 16 96 41 73 74 72 69 64
        Gemalto .NET v2.0

This tool even showed the certificate:
http://versatilesecurity.com/versatilesecurity-vsec-cms-u.php

Also I've found a driver for this card but no info on how to use it:
https://launchpad.net/~gemaltocrypto

I've installed it on my Ubuntu 13.10

Could anyone suggest next steps so at least opensc-tool recognize it?
My goal actually to be able to use my X509 certificate (with PIN) to connect to a corporate website under linux browser.

Thanks!

--
Boris Rybalkin

Re: Gemalto .NET v2.0 support on linux

Florent Deybach
Hello Boris

First question: are you using the reader in a virtualized environment (virtualbox, vmware, etc.) ?

Also I've found a driver for this card but no info on how to use it:
https://launchpad.net/~gemaltocrypto

Basically this package that gives you the Gemalto PKCS#11 library for .NET cards.
it is a file named "libgtop11dotnet.so" which you'll have to pass as argument for the opensc tools.

Example : to list all the objects on the card :

pkcs11-tool --module=/usr/lib/libgtop11dotnet.so -l -O --pin 123456

Cheers

Fwd: Gemalto .NET v2.0 support on linux

Boris Ribalkin
CCing the list.

Hi Florent,

I am using reader on linux without any VM (although I have a working solution inside Windows guest VM).
And thank you very much that exactly what I was looking for.

After loading /usr/lib/libgtop11dotnet.so.0 to Firefox certificate devices it recognized it and even asks for a PIN,  lists certificates and allows me to connect to our corporate site.

Thank you!