Google's secure micro-SD

Anders Rundgren-2
http://www.cnet.com/news/googles-project-vault-is-a-security-chip-disguised-as-an-micro-sd-card/

This is a pretty strange thing since both ARM and Intel offer built-in security solutions in the CPU itself.

Anders

Re: Google's secure micro-SD

Martin Paljak-4
On 29/05/15 22:25, Anders Rundgren wrote:
> http://www.cnet.com/news/googles-project-vault-is-a-security-chip-disguised-as-an-micro-sd-card/
>
> This is a pretty strange thing since both ARM and Intel offer built-in security solutions in the CPU itself.

And none of my Google Nexus branded devices takes a microSD....

m.

Re: Google's secure micro-SD

NdK-3
Il 30/05/2015 08:34, Martin Paljak ha scritto:

>> http://www.cnet.com/news/googles-project-vault-is-a-security-chip-disguised-as-an-micro-sd-card/
What does it offer over SmartCard-HSM MicroSD or similar devices?

>> This is a pretty strange thing since both ARM and Intel offer built-in security solutions in the CPU itself.
Maybe they think it's not that secure, after all...

> And none of my Google Nexus branded devices takes a microSD....
The micro-SD slot is one of the filters I use to select my phones. No sd
= no phone. :)

BYtE,
 Diego.

Re: Google's secure micro-SD