Help for a newbye

Bernardo Höhl-2
Hello friends,

I am trying to get any token or smart card to function on my Mac.

I have these:

Smart Card Reader ACR38 (nonCCID)
ePass 3000 token
ePass 2000 token
eToken Pro 72K Java from Alladin
Safenet iKey 2032

Questions:

1) Which of these above would be easier to get running and use on my Mac?

2) I have installed and removed (I guess unsucessfully) many drivers from manufacturers and opensc and openCT packages. I guess my system needs reinstallation for a full clean up.

Alladin's software shows residues of packages in my disk, and won't install anymore. Shows a message during installation saying it is already installed, though I run uninstaller many times, and deleted what I could find mannually.

3) Can I use more than one tokens or smart card on the same Mac? or do I have to uninstall software before using a different token?

Is a Mac Os 10.6.4 resinstallation good enough? Or will I need a partition disk and reinstallation procedure?

I would really apreciate your comments on the mentioned hardware.

Thank you all,

Bernardo Höhl
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

Re: Help for a newbye

JP Szikora-2

Le 25 nov. 2010 à 14:54, Bernardo Höhl a écrit :

> Hello friends,
>

> I am trying to get any token or smart card to function on my Mac.
>
> I have these:
>
> Smart Card Reader ACR38 (nonCCID)

Hi Bernardo,

Try this ACR38 installed with the driver from ACS, put any smartcard in it, and do a "pcsctest" in a Terminal.

You must see the reader and the ATR of the card. Until this point, you just use the MacOSX built in pcscd.

If this test didn't work for you, try to fix your system first ;-) OpenSC will be only the next step...

Cheers,

Jean-Pierre

> ePass 3000 token
> ePass 2000 token
> eToken Pro 72K Java from Alladin
> Safenet iKey 2032
>
> Questions:
>
> 1) Which of these above would be easier to get running and use on my Mac?
>
> 2) I have installed and removed (I guess unsucessfully) many drivers from manufacturers and opensc and openCT packages. I guess my system needs reinstallation for a full clean up.
>
> Alladin's software shows residues of packages in my disk, and won't install anymore. Shows a message during installation saying it is already installed, though I run uninstaller many times, and deleted what I could find mannually.
>
> 3) Can I use more than one tokens or smart card on the same Mac? or do I have to uninstall software before using a different token?
>
> Is a Mac Os 10.6.4 resinstallation good enough? Or will I need a partition disk and reinstallation procedure?
>

> I would really apreciate your comments on the mentioned hardware.
>
> Thank you all,
>

> Bernardo Höhl
> Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

Re: Help for a newbye

Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE
Dear Bernado,

As you are running Mac OS X, I would recommend a Feitian PKI card, a
full CCID reader and OpenSC Mac version. We cannot export to Brazil. Try
to contact a local Feitian reseller.

Out of information, do you have Mac OS X drivers for the ePass2000 and
ePass3000?

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel