Help please

Alaric Dailey
Please forgive me if I am posting this to the wrong list, feel free to
point me to a manual and tell me to read it! But I am a bit lost!

I am trying to use my eToken with the PuTTY rc released last week, I
have no idea what need to add to my .ssh file on my linux machine to
make the smartcard authentication work. I already have a X.509 cert from
thawte, and a PGP key on the eToken...

do I need something else?
do I need to convert it?
Alaric Dailey
Thawte “Web of Trust” Notary Seal <>

    * Thawte ‘Web of Trust’ Notary <>
    * CACert Assurer <>
    * Notary Public

versions of these products have trouble replying to digitally signed
emails, like this one. For more information on this error, and how to
fix it please visit Mark Nobles website here

Re: Help please [u]

Andreas Jellinghaus-2
Hi Alaric,
has a tutorial for initalizing a plain card.

Note, that if you initialized the Aladdin token with
aladdins software, it is incompatible. details at

The big problem: openssh on linux has a command
to download the key/certificate in openssh format.
putty onfortunatly doesn't have that. I wrote
a patch yesterday for opensc to do that, too,
but unless you can recomple in your own, that
won't help right now.

so for now you need a linux / openssh machine
to convert the certificate to openssh key format.