IFD polling

William Roberts
I am working on an IFD, and it looks like it just polls the presence API. I have some logging turned on to trace the calls in my IFD, and I see:

00000022 ifd_entry.c-IFDHICCPresence()-98: Exit: 616
00400112 ifd_entry.c-IFDHICCPresence()-95: Enter: Lun: 0
00000022 ifd_entry.c-IFDHICCPresence()-98: Exit: 616
00400141 ifd_entry.c-IFDHICCPresence()-95: Enter: Lun: 0
00000022 ifd_entry.c-IFDHICCPresence()-98: Exit: 616
00400124 ifd_entry.c-IFDHICCPresence()-95: Enter: Lun: 0
00000023 ifd_entry.c-IFDHICCPresence()-98: Exit: 616

This is less than ideal. Reading the docs

Shows the IFDHGetCapabilities() function. It mentions things about polling threads. I can essentally event trigger off of a card insert in my architecture, is their a way to minimize the polling and go to an event driven system?

--
Respectfully,

William C Roberts

Re: IFD polling

> I am working on an IFD, and it looks like it just polls the presence API. I
> have some logging turned on to trace the calls in my IFD, and I see:

Hello William,

Please use the Pcsclite-muscle [1] list for questions about pcsc-lite
and IFDHandler. I will answer on the other list.
Your problem is not with OpenSC.

Thanks