IFDs

William Roberts
Looking through the OpenSC code base, its unclear to me how the reader
driver is discovered and used to send the apdu's generated by the card
driver. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I ask this because I am interested in finding out how to add a new
driver that I would be implementing, and want to look at the
interface. The driver I want to implement would be purely virtual, and
essentially always available, is there a way to configure it
statically via:

reader_driver in opensc.conf

Thanks,
Bill

Re: IFDs

William Roberts
On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 10:42 AM, William Roberts
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Looking through the OpenSC code base, its unclear to me how the reader
> driver is discovered and used to send the apdu's generated by the card
> driver. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
>
> I ask this because I am interested in finding out how to add a new
> driver that I would be implementing, and want to look at the
> interface. The driver I want to implement would be purely virtual, and
> essentially always available, is there a way to configure it
> statically via:
>
> reader_driver in opensc.conf
>
> Thanks,
> Bill

Sorry for the noise, I just found them, It was obvious...

reader-ctapi.c

reader-*.c files

Ill look at these, but if anyone else has some information they think
is relevant, please share.

Re: IFDs

Martin Paljak-4
If you are creating a virtual "reader", do not implement it in OpenSC.

Have a look at this:

https://bitbucket.org/mrts/pcsclite-softemu-ifdhandler

Best,
+372 515 6495

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 8:44 PM, William Roberts
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 10:42 AM, William Roberts
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Looking through the OpenSC code base, its unclear to me how the reader
>> driver is discovered and used to send the apdu's generated by the card
>> driver. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
>>
>> I ask this because I am interested in finding out how to add a new
>> driver that I would be implementing, and want to look at the
>> interface. The driver I want to implement would be purely virtual, and
>> essentially always available, is there a way to configure it
>> statically via:
>>
>> reader_driver in opensc.conf
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Bill
>
> Sorry for the noise, I just found them, It was obvious...
>
> reader-ctapi.c
>
> reader-*.c files
>
> Ill look at these, but if anyone else has some information they think
> is relevant, please share.

Re: IFDs

Frank Morgner
Here is my take on this:
http://frankmorgner.github.io/vsmartcard/virtualsmartcard/README.html

It has drivers for Unix (PCSC-Lite) and Windows (WinSCard).

Am Donnerstag, dem 16. Oktober, um 21:02 Uhr schrieb Martin Paljak:

> If you are creating a virtual "reader", do not implement it in OpenSC.
>
> Have a look at this:
>
> https://bitbucket.org/mrts/pcsclite-softemu-ifdhandler
>
> Best,
> --
> Martin
> +372 515 6495
>

> On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 8:44 PM, William Roberts
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 10:42 AM, William Roberts
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Looking through the OpenSC code base, its unclear to me how the reader
> >> driver is discovered and used to send the apdu's generated by the card
> >> driver. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
> >>
> >> I ask this because I am interested in finding out how to add a new
> >> driver that I would be implementing, and want to look at the
> >> interface. The driver I want to implement would be purely virtual, and
> >> essentially always available, is there a way to configure it
> >> statically via:
> >>
> >> reader_driver in opensc.conf
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Bill
> >
> > Sorry for the noise, I just found them, It was obvious...
> >
> > reader-ctapi.c
> >
> > reader-*.c files
> >
> > Ill look at these, but if anyone else has some information they think
> > is relevant, please share.

Frank Morgner

Virtual Smart Card Architecture http://vsmartcard.sourceforge.net
OpenPACE                        http://openpace.sourceforge.net