Information for not yet supported card

Claudio Felix
Hi,

Some time ago I bought a card in an online store to store digital certificates for e-CPF or e-CNPJ, which are respectively like a tax payer identifier for people and companies. I don't have the e-mail from the store anymore, but I remember something about JCOP and java card. Although it seems yet unsupported in OpenSC, it looks supported in PCSC, since pcsc_scan outputs the following information when the card gets inserted:

Reader 0: CASTLES EZ100PU 00 00
  Card state: Card inserted,
  ATR: 3B 6A 00 FF 4A 43 4F 50 32 31 56 32 33 31

ATR: 3B 6A 00 FF 4A 43 4F 50 32 31 56 32 33 31
+ TS = 3B --> Direct Convention
+ T0 = 6A, Y(1): 0110, K: 10 (historical bytes)
  TB(1) = 00 --> VPP is not electrically connected
  TC(1) = FF --> Extra guard time: 255 (special value)
+ Historical bytes: 4A 43 4F 50 32 31 56 32 33 31
  Category indicator byte: 4A (proprietary format)

Possibly identified card (using /usr/share/pcsc/smartcard_list.txt):
3B 6A 00 FF 4A 43 4F 50 32 31 56 32 33 31
        JCOP21 v2.3 Standard

Hope this helps getting the card supported.

Thank you,

Claudio

Re: Information for not yet supported card

Frank Morgner
Sorry, this does unfortunately not contain any useful information.

Greets, Frank.

On Tuesday, April 19 at 07:09PM, Claudio Felix wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Some time ago I bought a card in an online store to store digital
> certificates for e-CPF or e-CNPJ, which are respectively like a tax payer
> identifier for people and companies. I don't have the e-mail from the store
> anymore, but I remember something about JCOP and java card. Although it
> seems yet unsupported in OpenSC, it looks supported in PCSC, since
> pcsc_scan outputs the following information when the card gets inserted:
>
> Reader 0: CASTLES EZ100PU 00 00
>   Card state: Card inserted,
>   ATR: 3B 6A 00 FF 4A 43 4F 50 32 31 56 32 33 31
>
> ATR: 3B 6A 00 FF 4A 43 4F 50 32 31 56 32 33 31
> + TS = 3B --> Direct Convention
> + T0 = 6A, Y(1): 0110, K: 10 (historical bytes)
>   TB(1) = 00 --> VPP is not electrically connected
>   TC(1) = FF --> Extra guard time: 255 (special value)
> + Historical bytes: 4A 43 4F 50 32 31 56 32 33 31
>   Category indicator byte: 4A (proprietary format)
>
> Possibly identified card (using /usr/share/pcsc/smartcard_list.txt):
> 3B 6A 00 FF 4A 43 4F 50 32 31 56 32 33 31
>         JCOP21 v2.3 Standard
>

> Hope this helps getting the card supported.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Claudio

Frank Morgner

Virtual Smart Card Architecture http://vsmartcard.sourceforge.net
OpenPACE                        http://openpace.sourceforge.net
IFD Handler for libnfc Devices  http://sourceforge.net/projects/ifdnfc

Re: Information for not yet supported card

Claudio Felix
Hi Frank,

Is there anything else I can do or use to get the required information?

Thanks,

Claudio

Sorry, this does unfortunately not contain any useful information.

Greets, Frank.

On Tuesday, April 19 at 07:09PM, Claudio Felix wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some time ago I bought a card in an online store to store digital
> certificates for e-CPF or e-CNPJ, which are respectively like a tax payer
> identifier for people and companies. I don't have the e-mail from the store
> anymore, but I remember something about JCOP and java card. Although it
> seems yet unsupported in OpenSC, it looks supported in PCSC, since
> pcsc_scan outputs the following information when the card gets inserted:
>
> Reader 0: CASTLES EZ100PU 00 00
>   Card state: Card inserted,
>   ATR: 3B 6A 00 FF 4A 43 4F 50 32 31 56 32 33 31
>
> ATR: 3B 6A 00 FF 4A 43 4F 50 32 31 56 32 33 31
> + TS = 3B --> Direct Convention
> + T0 = 6A, Y(1): 0110, K: 10 (historical bytes)
>   TB(1) = 00 --> VPP is not electrically connected
>   TC(1) = FF --> Extra guard time: 255 (special value)
> + Historical bytes: 4A 43 4F 50 32 31 56 32 33 31
>   Category indicator byte: 4A (proprietary format)
>
> Possibly identified card (using /usr/share/pcsc/smartcard_list.txt):
> 3B 6A 00 FF 4A 43 4F 50 32 31 56 32 33 31
>         JCOP21 v2.3 Standard
>

> Hope this helps getting the card supported.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Claudio

Frank Morgner

Virtual Smart Card Architecture http://vsmartcard.sourceforge.net
OpenPACE                        http://openpace.sourceforge.net
IFD Handler for libnfc Devices  http://sourceforge.net/projects/ifdnfc

Re: Information for not yet supported card

Frank Morgner
If you are lucky your card is already supported, but OpenSC does not yet
recognize it. You should try to get to know what specific java card
applets are on your card.

If the card is not supported, you will have to find some programmer, who
adds support.

Greets, Frank.