Is it OK to include external library?

Nguyễn Hồng Quân-2
Hello all,

I'm implementing key generation function for OpenPGP card.
The card requires to calculate the finger print for the key after
generation. I referenced the GnuPG source and saw that it use libgrypt
to do.

Am I allow to include libgrypt to OpenSC? If yes, how should I do?

Thanks.

Quân

Re: Is it OK to include external library?

Douglas E. Engert

On 6/4/2012 10:11 PM, Nguyễn Hồng Quân wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm implementing key generation function for OpenPGP card.
> The card requires to calculate the finger print for the key after
> generation. I referenced the GnuPG source and saw that it use libgrypt
> to do.
>
> Am I allow to include libgrypt to OpenSC? If yes, how should I do?

Parts of OpenSC are loadable modules such as opensc-pkcs11.so,
and are also built for Windows. Thus is at all possible please try
to use the existing crypto libraries which includes OpenSSL.
Any addition of another library will cause all sorts of problems,
and add to the complexity of the build process and size of the
modules.

OpenSSL can generate key fingerprints, and I am not mistaken, should
match the fingerprint as generated from OpenPGP. If not OpenSSL
has enough crypto functions that it could do this.