Is pcsclite 2.0.0 available?

Linda Yu
Hi,

Does anyone know if there is PC/SC 2.0 for download? I did find the old webpages regarding pcsclite 2.0.0 beta, but no recent posts. The latest version I can find on Ubuntu download site is 1.8.11.

Thanks,
Linda

Re: Is pcsclite 2.0.0 available?

Florent Deybach
Hi,

AFAIK, the most recent version of libpcsclite can be found on the author's page which is the 1.8.13 : https://alioth.debian.org/frs/?group_id=30105
I have no knowledge of a 2.0 beta release.

Does anyone know if there is PC/SC 2.0 for download? I did find the old
webpages regarding pcsclite 2.0.0 beta, but no recent posts. The latest
version I can find on Ubuntu download site is 1.8.11.

Thanks,
Linda

Re: Is pcsclite 2.0.0 available?

> Does anyone know if there is PC/SC 2.0 for download? I did find the old
> webpages regarding pcsclite 2.0.0 beta, but no recent posts. The latest
> version I can find on Ubuntu download site is 1.8.11.

I guess that what you call PC/SC 2.0 is the PC/SC specification
version 2.x available at [1].
pcsc-lite [2] is an implementation of that specification.

Even if pcsc-lite version is 1.8.13 it implements the version 2.x of
the PC/SC specification.

Bye

[1] http://www.pcscworkgroup.com/specifications/overview.php
[2] http://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/pcsclite.html

Re: Is pcsclite 2.0.0 available?

Linda Yu
You are right. I have a NFC tag type 4 that failed to work with a ACR122U reader. I was told by the vendor that another ACS reader (ACR1252U) plus PC/SC 2.0 would work with this tag. I was initially confused with pcsclite version number since PC/SC Workgroup Spec 2.0 was released long time ago.

It's said the failure is due to ACR122U sends APDU commands with PCB(protocol control byte) of 0x0A indicating a CID following, but the tag only supports PCB of 0x02 (no CID following). I didn't see this PCB byte in any pc/sc example code as well as nfc example code. We actually made this tag working with SCL3711 reader on Windows 7 without this PCB byte. Which layer (reader's driver?) adds ISO14443 Prologue field (PCB, [CID], [NAD]) and Epilogue field (EDC) before sending out?

Thanks,
Linda

Thanks for your reply. I was confused with PC/SC Workgroup Spec 2.0.

Re: Is pcsclite 2.0.0 available?

> You are right. I have a NFC tag type 4 that failed to work with a ACR122U
> reader. I was told by the vendor that another ACS reader (ACR1252U) plus
> PC/SC 2.0 would work with this tag. I was initially confused with pcsclite
> version number since PC/SC Workgroup Spec 2.0 was released long time ago.
>
> It's said the failure is due to ACR122U sends APDU commands with
> PCB(protocol control byte) of 0x0A indicating a CID following, but the tag
> only supports PCB of 0x02 (no CID following). I didn't see this PCB byte in
> any pc/sc example code as well as nfc example code. We actually made this
> tag working with SCL3711 reader on Windows 7 without this PCB byte. Which
> layer (reader's driver?) adds ISO14443 Prologue field (PCB, [CID], [NAD])
> and Epilogue field (EDC) before sending out?

I can't say for Windows 7. You should read SCM documentation.

I am an expert in ISO14443 use with PC/SC. I suggest you read the
PC/SC specification "Part 3. Supplemental Document for Contactless
ICCs" that is pcsc3_v2.02.00_sup2.pdf

Re: Is pcsclite 2.0.0 available?

Linda Yu
Ok, I'll read it. Thanks!