JCOP 10 Supported

Matthias Barmeier
Hi,

is the JCOP 10 smartcard supported by opensc ?

When I try opensc -a i get:

[opensc-tool] card-default.c:113:default_init: unable to determine the
right class byte
[opensc-tool] card.c:202:sc_connect_card: driver 'Default driver for
unknown cards' init() failed: Card is invalid or cannot be handled
[opensc-tool] card.c:213:sc_connect_card: unable to find driver for
inserted card
[opensc-tool] card.c:228:sc_connect_card: returning with: Card is
invalid or cannot be handled
Failed to connect to card: Card is invalid or cannot be handled

Ciao
    Matze

Re: JCOP 10 Supported

Martin Paljak-2
On Mar 31, 2010, at 17:30 , Matthias Barmeier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is the JCOP 10 smartcard supported by opensc ?

Added it the question to the FAQ [1]

Q: How can I verify that my card is supported by OpenSC?
A: Check SupportedHardware list. Verify it with opensc-tool --name to see if some driver knows how to handle your card. The expected result of the command is a line with a card driver name.

Q: What to do if my card is not supported by OpenSC?
A: Somebody needs to write a driver for it. You can start by sending as much information as you can about the card to opensc-devel mailing list. Be sure to send the card ATR by sending the output of opensc-tool --at

JCOP 10 is a JavaCard. Documentation on working with JavaCards is not at the best shape currently, but you can find some information on [2].

After you have loaded the Muscle applet, you might be able to use the card with OpenSC

Please send the ATR of your card, for future reference.

[1] http://www.opensc-project.org/opensc/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions
[2] http://www.opensc-project.org/opensc/wiki/Cyberflex

--
Martin Paljak
http://martin.paljak.pri.ee

Re: JCOP 10 Supported

Matthias Barmeier
Hi,

this is a bit confusing for me. I looked at the wiki, but I only found a
hint for the JCOP31bio with bluez applet.

You mean I could use the GlobalPlatform tools to put the muscle applet
on the card.
After this I have a good chance on working with opensc and my JCOP card.

I will give it a try thanks.

Ciao
    Matthias

Am Mittwoch 31 März 2010 16:30:12 schrieb Matthias Barmeier:
> Hi,
>
> is the JCOP 10 smartcard supported by opensc ?

that is impossible. jcop cards
1.) if bought fresh from factory they can't be used until initialized,
and that procedure is a secret and requires signing an NDA I think.
2.) once the card is initialized and fused, you can load an applet on
it. but every applet is different, so opensc can't support the card
per se, only the card with a specific applet.

if you use jcop card with the muscle applet - not sure if that is
possible, but I guess it is - then that is supported. however you
better check first, and of course I have no clue how to initialiaze
jcop properly and I'm no expert on the muscle applet either. plus
the driver for it seems quite restrictive, compared to the drivers
for real cards like cardos.