Java card copy keys from one card to another

Java card copy keys from one card to another

britto
Dear all,

A set of java cards was bought few 3 yrs back; right now i don't have any details of it.
1. How would i identify what oberthur card is it?? I don't find any smart card driver being loaded in win7

Right now i have 2  sets of java cards: an older set which is Oberthur COsmopolIC64 V5.2 and a newer set for which i don't the details.

I observed few observations kindly explain.
1. Copying of keys from one "newer" card to another "newer" card is not possible. Why??
2. Copying of keys from one "newer" card to another "older" card is also not possible. Why??

where as the opposite works.

Let me know ASAP.

thanks in advance