Jenkins

12

Jenkins

Douglas E Engert
Is Jenkins working?

There are a number of pull requests with:

Waiting to hear about xxxxxxxx — Merged build triggered.

https://opensc.fr/jenkins/job/OpenSC-pr-master/

Looks like it hung on Nov 20, 2014 5:32:44PM

Re: Jenkins

> Is Jenkins working?

I just canceled a job working/blocked since 2 days. So the Jenkins
server is wokring.

> There are a number of pull requests with:
>
> Waiting to hear about xxxxxxxx — Merged build triggered.
>
> https://opensc.fr/jenkins/job/OpenSC-pr-master/
>
> Looks like it hung on Nov 20, 2014 5:32:44PM

It looks like the Windows slaves are down.
https://opensc.fr/jenkins/job/OpenSC-pr-master/294/console
"Waiting for the completion of OpenSC-pr-win32"

Viktor, can you have a look?

Re: Jenkins

Douglas E Engert

On 11/22/2014 10:45 AM, Ludovic Rousseau wrote:
>> Is Jenkins working?
>
> I just canceled a job working/blocked since 2 days. So the Jenkins
> server is wokring.

But the build machines are not working...

https://opensc.fr/jenkins/computer/

>> There are a number of pull requests with:
>>
>> Waiting to hear about xxxxxxxx — Merged build triggered.
>>
>> https://opensc.fr/jenkins/job/OpenSC-pr-master/
>>
>> Looks like it hung on Nov 20, 2014 5:32:44PM
>
> It looks like the Windows slaves are down.
> https://opensc.fr/jenkins/job/OpenSC-pr-master/294/console
> "Waiting for the completion of OpenSC-pr-win32"
>
> Viktor, can you have a look?
>
> Bye

Re: Jenkins

Frank Morgner
What about using travis ci? I had good experiences with other projects
using the service.

On Tuesday, November 25 at 10:20AM, Douglas E Engert wrote:

> On 11/22/2014 10:45 AM, Ludovic Rousseau wrote:
> >> Is Jenkins working?
> >
> > I just canceled a job working/blocked since 2 days. So the Jenkins
> > server is wokring.
>
> But the build machines are not working...
>

> https://opensc.fr/jenkins/computer/
>

> >> There are a number of pull requests with:
> >>
> >> Waiting to hear about xxxxxxxx — Merged build triggered.
> >>
> >> https://opensc.fr/jenkins/job/OpenSC-pr-master/
> >>
> >> Looks like it hung on Nov 20, 2014 5:32:44PM
> >
> > It looks like the Windows slaves are down.
> > https://opensc.fr/jenkins/job/OpenSC-pr-master/294/console
> > "Waiting for the completion of OpenSC-pr-win32"
> >
> > Viktor, can you have a look?
> >
> > Bye
> >

> --
>
>   Douglas E. Engert  <[hidden email]>

Frank Morgner

Virtual Smart Card Architecture http://vsmartcard.sourceforge.net
OpenPACE                        http://openpace.sourceforge.net
IFD Handler for libnfc Devices  http://sourceforge.net/projects/ifdnfc

Re: Jenkins

> What about using travis ci? I had good experiences with other projects
> using the service.

I have no problem adding travis ci. Even if jenkins is also used.

Frank can you configure the OpenSC github project for travis ci? If
you need more access rights just tell me.

Re: Jenkins

Douglas E Engert

On 11/26/2014 2:15 AM, Ludovic Rousseau wrote:
>> What about using travis ci? I had good experiences with other projects
>> using the service.
>
> I have no problem adding travis ci. Even if jenkins is also used.
>
> Frank can you configure the OpenSC github project for travis ci? If
> you need more access rights just tell me.

Looks like travis-ci does not support windows yet.

   https://github.com/travis-ci/travis-ci/issues/2104

Building OpenSC on Windows has been the big issue for most developers, as they
don't have the environment, thus relying on Jenkins to produce a 32 or 64 bit msi
for testing.

IMHO for now we still need to get the Jenkins running.

What are the issues that are causing Jenkins to fail?

Underpowered servers?
Servers don't restart if there is a failure?
Disk space?
Are the servers all at the same site?
Network problems?
Lack of time to fix the issues?

> Bye

Re: Jenkins

Viktor Tarasov-3
On 11/22/2014 06:45 PM, Ludovic Rousseau wrote:

>> Is Jenkins working?
> I just canceled a job working/blocked since 2 days. So the Jenkins
> server is wokring.
>
>> There are a number of pull requests with:
>>
>> Waiting to hear about xxxxxxxx — Merged build triggered.
>>
>> https://opensc.fr/jenkins/job/OpenSC-pr-master/
>>
>> Looks like it hung on Nov 20, 2014 5:32:44PM
> It looks like the Windows slaves are down.
> https://opensc.fr/jenkins/job/OpenSC-pr-master/294/console
> "Waiting for the completion of OpenSC-pr-win32"
>
> Viktor, can you have a look?

I'll be back next week and will re-alive the windows slaves.

Kind regards,
Viktor.

> Bye

Re: Jenkins

Shaun Schutte (TIS innovation park)

Hi all,

Was wondering if this has been resolved or is the issue being looked at?

Regards

- --
shaun

<[hidden email]>:

>>> What about using travis ci? I had good experiences with other projects
>>> using the service.
>>
>> I have no problem adding travis ci. Even if jenkins is also used.
>>
>> Frank can you configure the OpenSC github project for travis ci? If
>> you need more access rights just tell me.
>
> Looks like travis-ci does not support windows yet.
>
>    https://github.com/travis-ci/travis-ci/issues/2104
>

> Building OpenSC on Windows has been the big issue for most developers,
as they
> don't have the environment, thus relying on Jenkins to produce a 32 or
64 bit msi

> for testing.
>
> IMHO for now we still need to get the Jenkins running.
>
> What are the issues that are causing Jenkins to fail?
>
> Underpowered servers?
> Servers don't restart if there is a failure?
> Disk space?
> Are the servers all at the same site?
> Network problems?
> Lack of time to fix the issues?
>

>> Bye

Re: Jenkins

Douglas E Engert
Viktor,
Thanks for getting Jenkins running again.

Could you set Jenkins, with a OpenSC-pr-win64 job, so that pull requests are built on Windows 64 as well as on Windows 32?

One of the problems some developers have, is they don't have a build environment to test the minidriver. This is Shaun's problem as
he is trying to test a pull request developed by Roberto Resoli, on Windows 64bit:

    https://github.com/OpenSC/OpenSC/pull/321

I am convinced that Shaun needs both the Win32 and Win64 versions of the minidriver
installed, but he does not have the environment to build either version. He has to rely on using the
minidriver as built by Jenkins for testing, but only the win32 version is built for pull requests.

He is not the only developer that does not have a windows build environment. (I don't currently have one either.)

For Issue #321 this may be a mute point, as it looks like #321 could be committed today.
This would then cause Jenkins to run the OpenSC-master-Win32 and OpenSC-master-Win64 jobs
that Shaun could then use for his testing.

But future changes should be tested before a pull request is issued, or at least while it is still a pull request.
Is the any way for a developer to cause Jenkins to build the windows versions before issuing a pull request?

On 12/3/2014 4:55 AM, Shaun Schutte (TIS innovation park) wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Was wondering if this has been resolved or is the issue being looked at?

Jenkins is running again, but does not build win64 version for pull requests.

> Regards
>
> - --
> shaun
>
> On 11/26/2014 03:20 PM, Douglas E Engert wrote:

>>> I have no problem adding travis ci. Even if jenkins is also used.
>>>
>>> Frank can you configure the OpenSC github project for travis ci? If
>>> you need more access rights just tell me.
>>
>> Looks like travis-ci does not support windows yet.
>>
>>     https://github.com/travis-ci/travis-ci/issues/2104
>>

>> Building OpenSC on Windows has been the big issue for most developers,
> as they
>> don't have the environment, thus relying on Jenkins to produce a 32 or
> 64 bit msi
>> for testing.
>>
>> IMHO for now we still need to get the Jenkins running.
>>
>> What are the issues that are causing Jenkins to fail?
>>
>> Underpowered servers?
>> Servers don't restart if there is a failure?
>> Disk space?
>> Are the servers all at the same site?
>> Network problems?
>> Lack of time to fix the issues?
>>

>>> Bye

Re: Jenkins

David Woodhouse
On Wed, 2014-12-03 at 06:34 -0600, Douglas E Engert wrote:
> He is not the only developer that does not have a windows build
> environment. (I don't currently have one either.)

Does it not build with MinGW? That ought to be fairly easy to come by.

--
dwmw2

Re: Jenkins

Viktor Tarasov-3
Hi Douglas,

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 1:34 PM, Douglas E Engert <[hidden email]> wrote:
Could you set Jenkins, with a OpenSC-pr-win64 job, so that pull requests are built on Windows 64 as well as on Windows 32?

OK

[...]

I think yes. but, imho, there is no need it.
A new re-build for PR should be started with key-phrase in PR comments -- "retest this please" (probably I have to update jenkins and plugin to make it working).
A new re-build is also started when the feature's HEAD is updated. (to be confirmed.)

I will look it this weekend.

On 12/3/2014 7:10 AM, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Wed, 2014-12-03 at 06:34 -0600, Douglas E Engert wrote:
>> He is not the only developer that does not have a windows build
>> environment. (I don't currently have one either.)
>
> Does it not build with MinGW? That ought to be fairly easy to come by.

Don't know, but Shaun, is more of a user with a national card, then a developer.
Roberto is the developer.

Looks like Viktor just added (or is adding) a OpenSC-pr-win64 while I was a writing this note!

   https://opensc.fr/jenkins/view/OpenSC-pull-request/

I was just writing this e-mail, as an argument to why we should do it...

If we want to get more testing by users, rather then only developers,
using the Jenkins build of the minidriver in both 32 and 64 bit is the way to go.

Having the minidriver built on windows 64 before the commit to the master branch
is done is the part that is missing.

Jenkins already has jobs for:
  OpenSC-release-Win32,   OpenSC-release-win64   Used to build the release versions.
  OpenSC-master-Win32,    OpenSC-master-Win64    Used to build versions after a change to master.
  OpenSC-pr-win32                                Used to test build a pull request...

Re: Jenkins

retest this please
looks like it worked...

https://opensc.fr/jenkins/job/OpenSC-pr-master/305/

has win32, win64 and Ubuntu versions...

Shaun, can you try your test with both of these msi packages installed on your Windows 64?

On 12/3/2014 7:20 AM, Viktor Tarasov wrote:

> [...]
>
>             https://github.com/travis-ci/__travis-ci/issues/2104 <https://github.com/travis-ci/travis-ci/issues/2104>
>

>             Building OpenSC on Windows has been the big issue for most developers,
>
>         as they
>
>             don't have the environment, thus relying on Jenkins to produce a 32 or
>
>         64 bit msi
>
>             for testing.
>
>             IMHO for now we still need to get the Jenkins running.
>
>             What are the issues that are causing Jenkins to fail?
>
>             Underpowered servers?
>             Servers don't restart if there is a failure?
>             Disk space?
>             Are the servers all at the same site?
>             Network problems?
>             Lack of time to fix the issues?
>

>                 Bye

>     --
>
>       Douglas E. Engert  <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>

Absolutely, will get right on it.

Thanks everyone!

Regards,

- --
shaun

------------------------------__------------------------------__------------------
>>         Download BIRT iHub F-Type - The Free Enterprise-Grade BIRT Server
>>         from Actuate! Instantly Supercharge Your Business Reports and
Dashboards
>>         with Interactivity, Sharing, Native Excel Exports, App
Integration & more

http://pubads.g.doubleclick.__net/gampad/clk?id=164703151&__iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
<http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=164703151&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk>

>>     --
>>
>>       Douglas E. Engert  <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>

Re: Jenkins

Roberto Resoli-2
Il 03/12/2014 14:28, Douglas E Engert ha scritto:

>> >Does it not build with MinGW? That ought to be fairly easy to come by.
> Don't know,

I have accomodated a sort of build environment for cross compiling
windows binaries on Ubuntu 14.04, (excluding the windows installer). The
main problem is the availability of a suitable cardos.h header file
which is available only under proprietary terms.

> but Shaun, is more of a user with a national card, then a developer.
> Roberto is the developer.

Yes, I have already tested with both my and jenkins 32bit builds, and
with my 64bit build on a w7 64bit kvm virtual machine.

Once the cardholder certificate is in the CSP repository all works as
expected.

The only remaining issue is the correct procedure for making the
cardholder cert available to CSP; currently the only way I found was
using certutil -SCinfo and manually clicking
the "install" button in the certificate details dialog. (by the way, i
tested this also on wxp, after having installed the "Base Smart Card
Crypto Provider", but the dialog lacks that install button)

It is unclear to me if it is currently the expected way, or the cert
could be automagically made available to the CSP the first time the card
is inserted.

rob

Re: Jenkins

Roberto Resoli-2
Il 04/12/2014 11:37, Roberto Resoli ha scritto:
> The
> main problem is the availability of a suitable cardos.h header file
> which is available only under proprietary terms.

I meant "cardmod.h" header file, sorry.

rob

Re: Jenkins

David Woodhouse
On Thu, 2014-12-04 at 14:11 +0100, Roberto Resoli wrote:
> Il 04/12/2014 11:37, Roberto Resoli ha scritto:
> > The
> > main problem is the availability of a suitable cardos.h header file
> > which is available only under proprietary terms.
>
> I meant "cardmod.h" header file, sorry.

My MinGW32 and MinGW64 environments (in Fedora 21) seem to carry one. It
needs <winscard.h> or something to be included first because or it
complains a lot of unknown types. And there's a cardmod-mingw-compat.h
which is required to make it work too.

diff --git a/configure.ac b/configure.ac
index b2853ae..2026b31 100644
--- a/configure.ac
+++ b/configure.ac
@@ -353,7 +353,8 @@ if test "${enable_minidriver}" = "yes"; then
  AC_CHECK_HEADER(
  [cardmod.h],
  ,
- [AC_MSG_ERROR([cardmod.h is not found and required for minidriver])]
+ [AC_MSG_ERROR([cardmod.h is not found and required for minidriver])],
+ [#include <winscard.h>]
  )
  AC_DEFINE([ENABLE_MINIDRIVER], [1], [Enable minidriver support])
 fi
diff --git a/src/minidriver/minidriver.c b/src/minidriver/minidriver.c
index a7f3dbe..f3e37d6 100644
--- a/src/minidriver/minidriver.c
+++ b/src/minidriver/minidriver.c
@@ -34,6 +34,7 @@
 #include <time.h>

 #include <windows.h>
+#include <winscard.h>
 #include "cardmod.h"

 #include "libopensc/asn1.h"

It still doesn't build though. Nothing defines ROLE_USER, and there are
a lot of other complains.

--
dwmw2

Re: Jenkins

Roberto Resoli-2
Il 04/12/2014 14:16, David Woodhouse ha scritto:
> On Thu, 2014-12-04 at 14:11 +0100, Roberto Resoli wrote:
>> Il 04/12/2014 11:37, Roberto Resoli ha scritto:
>>> The
>>> main problem is the availability of a suitable cardos.h header file
>>> which is available only under proprietary terms.
>>
>> I meant "cardmod.h" header file, sorry.
>
> My MinGW32 and MinGW64 environments (in Fedora 21) seem to carry one.

I applied your patch, and thanks to configure modification now
./configure completes succesfully.
Unfortunately it seems that cardmod.h in Ubuntu 14.04 version of mingw
(currently  mingw-w64 is 3.1.0-1) environments still lacks suitable
cardmod.h; making minidriver.c fails with a lot of undefined items (the
first: MAX_CONTAINER_NAME_LEN constant).

rob

Re: Jenkins

Note that developers can cross compile or build with different environments, but when
a new OpenSC release is made, the build and MSI files are produced by Jenkins, and this
is what 99% of users will use on Windows.  So testing with the Jenkins build is not too bad
an idea.

On 12/4/2014 7:16 AM, David Woodhouse wrote:

> On Thu, 2014-12-04 at 14:11 +0100, Roberto Resoli wrote:
>> Il 04/12/2014 11:37, Roberto Resoli ha scritto:
>>> The
>>> main problem is the availability of a suitable cardos.h header file
>>> which is available only under proprietary terms.
>>
>> I meant "cardmod.h" header file, sorry.
>
> My MinGW32 and MinGW64 environments (in Fedora 21) seem to carry one. It
> needs <winscard.h> or something to be included first because or it
> complains a lot of unknown types. And there's a cardmod-mingw-compat.h
> which is required to make it work too.
>
> diff --git a/configure.ac b/configure.ac
> index b2853ae..2026b31 100644
> --- a/configure.ac
> +++ b/configure.ac
> @@ -353,7 +353,8 @@ if test "${enable_minidriver}" = "yes"; then
>   AC_CHECK_HEADER(
>   [cardmod.h],
>   ,
> - [AC_MSG_ERROR([cardmod.h is not found and required for minidriver])]
> + [AC_MSG_ERROR([cardmod.h is not found and required for minidriver])],
> + [#include <winscard.h>]
>   )
>   AC_DEFINE([ENABLE_MINIDRIVER], [1], [Enable minidriver support])
>   fi
> diff --git a/src/minidriver/minidriver.c b/src/minidriver/minidriver.c
> index a7f3dbe..f3e37d6 100644
> --- a/src/minidriver/minidriver.c
> +++ b/src/minidriver/minidriver.c
> @@ -34,6 +34,7 @@
>   #include <time.h>
>
>   #include <windows.h>
> +#include <winscard.h>
>   #include "cardmod.h"
>
>   #include "libopensc/asn1.h"
>
> It still doesn't build though. Nothing defines ROLE_USER, and there are
> a lot of other complains.

Re: Jenkins

Roberto Resoli-2
Il 04/12/2014 11:37, Roberto Resoli ha scritto:

> Once the cardholder certificate is in the CSP repository all works as
> expected.
>
> The only remaining issue is the correct procedure for making the
> cardholder cert available to CSP; currently the only way I found was
> using certutil -SCinfo and manually clicking
> the "install" button in the certificate details dialog. (by the way, i
> tested this also on wxp, after having installed the "Base Smart Card
> Crypto Provider", but the dialog lacks that install button)
>
> It is unclear to me if it is currently the expected way, or the cert
> could be automagically made available to the CSP the first time the card
> is inserted.

I've done more wide testing on fresh installations of w7, w2k8 and w2k12
and it turned out that the problem was in my personal w7 installation;
once installed the builds:

https://opensc.fr/jenkins/job/OpenSC-pr-master/305/

And set the suitable registry keys, the certificate is automagically
imported in CPS repository, under personal ones.

There is an issue with w2k12, which refuses to bring up the PIN dialog,
saying something as: "No Smart Card driver is installed". I tried to
adapt and use the opensc-minidriver.inf in the minidriver sources, but
w2k12 refuses to install unsigned drivers (no option to force
installation, as in w7 and w2k8)

bye,
rob

12