Lost support for USB-readers

J.Witvliet
Hi all,

I had to re-install one of my boxes, but it seems I lost support for USB-readers.
If I restart pcscd, I got in syslog: "Disabling USB support for pcscd"

I went googling but all I found (in Ludovic's blog) that disabling it resulted in better performance for embedded devices.
Other references were about an incorrectly installed openct-software, or a outdated version.

So after i had installed openSuSE, i installed pcsc-lite-1.7.4-57.1 and its libs, but same results.

Anyone around here, that can tell me how to get the old behaviour (supporting usb-readers) back again?

Kind regards, Hans

Defensie/CDC/IVENT/Research en Innovation Centrum
Ing J. (Hans) Witvliet Systeembeheer, CAcert-assurer
T   0174-539053
Coldenhovelaan 1, 3155RC Maasland, kamer A109

Re: Lost support for USB-readers

J.Witvliet
From the man page:

"USB SMART CARD READER DRIVERS
USB smart card reader drivers are located in /usr/lib64/readers directory as a bundle. You shall not add a USB driver in /etc/reader.conf file. "

But no clue about the so-called "bundle" that should reside in either /usr/lib/readers or /usr/lib64/reader
And after install libmusclecard-utils (that apperentlt holds BundleTool). i started it up, but the tools finished directly saying "no drivers exists -exiting"
Its manpage says that BundleTool lets you _select_ one from several bundles, but still no clue how te get hold of one.
All i want is to use a simple USB-reader.

2011/7/18  <[hidden email]>:
> Hi all,

Hello,

> I had to re-install one of my boxes, but it seems I lost support for
> USB-readers.
> If I restart pcscd, I got in syslog: "Disabling USB support for pcscd"

You should also have the log line:
Cannot open PC/SC drivers directory: foobar

With foobar being the directory you configured when building pcsc-lite.

I guess you have not installed any (USB) smart card driver yet.

Please follow http://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/pcsclite.html#support