MyEID, just syntax errors

J.Witvliet

Hi all,

As the different sources of cards are getting thinner, I was looking at Aventra, so I ordered a coupe of them some time ago to experiment on.

I noticed that the people from Primekey (ejbca) seems to get it working, it was enough motivation to have a look at these.

So I started at an Ubuntu_12.04 machine, no luck, next a openSUSE_12.3 with opensc_0.13.0, no luck

Finally a fresh installed opensuse_13.1 with the default opensc_0.12.2, still no show.

Even the reduction of max_recv_size form 256 towards 192 (/etc/opensc.conf) , does not seems to improve things

Anything else I might be doing wrong?

Hans

opensc-tool -i

opensc 0.13.0 [gcc  4.7.2 20130108 [gcc-4_7-branch revision 195012]] Enabled features: zlib readline openssl pcsc(libpcsclite.so.1)

opensc-tool --atr

Using reader with a card: SCM Microsystems Inc. SCR 355 [CCID Interface] 00 00 3b:f5:18:00:00:81:31:fe:45:4d:79:45:49:44:9a

opensc-tool --name

Using reader with a card: SCM Microsystems Inc. SCR 355 [CCID Interface] 00 00 MyEID cards with PKCS#15 applet

From https://www.opensc-project.org/opensc/wiki/MyEID

pkcs15-init --erase-card

Using reader with a card: SCM Microsystems Inc. SCR 355 [CCID Interface] 00 00 Couldn't bind to the card: Syntax error

pkcs15-init -C --pin 1111 --puk 1111

Using reader with a card: SCM Microsystems Inc. SCR 355 [CCID Interface] 00 00 Couldn't bind to the card: Syntax error

pkcs15-init --sanity-check

Using reader with a card: SCM Microsystems Inc. SCR 355 [CCID Interface] 00 00 Couldn't bind to the card: Syntax error

Dit bericht kan informatie bevatten die niet voor u is bestemd. Indien u niet de geadresseerde bent of dit bericht abusievelijk aan u is toegezonden, wordt u verzocht dat aan de afzender te melden en het bericht te verwijderen. De Staat aanvaardt geen aansprakelijkheid voor schade, van welke aard ook, die verband houdt met risico's verbonden aan het electronisch verzenden van berichten.

MyEID.debug (60K) Download Attachment

Re: MyEID, just syntax errors

Dirk-Willem van Gulik

> As the different sources of cards are getting thinner, I was looking at Aventra, so I ordered a coupe of them some time ago to experiment on.
> I noticed that the people from Primekey (ejbca) seems to get it working, it was enough motivation to have a look at these.
> So I started at an Ubuntu_12.04 machine, no luck, next a openSUSE_12.3 with opensc_0.13.0, no luck
> Finally a fresh installed opensuse_13.1 with the default opensc_0.12.2, still no show.
> Even the reduction of max_recv_size form 256 towards 192 (/etc/opensc.conf) , does not seems to improve things

We found the medical style EID’s  to work well with both EJBCA and OpenSC (FreeBSD, OSX, JavaCard  2.1.1, MyEID 3.08) - and the cards have not changed for eons. So I would guess it is a driver issue.

We have noticed that pretty much all debian based machines seem to miss/older than r5550 and the early 2012 SC_PKCS15_PIN_AUTH_TYPE_PIN problem - so a compile from source may help.

As of ‘right now’ OpenSC 0.14.0 works with the MyEID cards we have here.

Hope that helps,

Dw.

Re: MyEID, just syntax errors

Aventra - Hannu Honkanen

The error you are getting is caused by an invalid myeid.profile file that was included in version 0.13.0. Please take a look at the new opensc site:

https://github.com/OpenSC/OpenSC/wiki/Aventra-MyEID-PKI-card

and locate “0.13.0 myeid.profile error” for instructions on how to fix it. This is fixed in 0.14.0 release.

Best regards,

Hannu Honkanen

Aventra