OpenSC 0.12.0 and Thunderbird problem

Franziskus Kiefer
Hallo,

I get some strange error, using the latest opensc version (0.12.0) with
Thunderbird (using the the pkcs11-tool itself too). I'm using the latest
pcsc drivers 1.7.2 with an KOBIL KAAN Advanced and an old TUD Card
(tcos3.0).
In Thunderbird itself the card I'm using shows up but without any (PIN)
indicator. I can also see the certificate their, but I'm never asked for
any password.
Attached you will find a part of the log, produced while trying to
decrypt a message in Thunderbird. It says
"iso7816.c:102:iso7816_check_sw: Security status not satisfied". That's
correct since I've never been asked for a password :)
The same setup is working fine using opensc 0.11.13.
Do you have any idea what's wrong here?

greets

--
B. Sc. Franziskus Kiefer

opensc-0.12.0-debug.log (8K) Download Attachment

Re: OpenSC 0.12.0 and Thunderbird problem

Follow the conversation on http://www.opensc-project.org/opensc/ticket/256

I think this is the same issue.

On Apr 18, 2011, at 18:27 , Franziskus Kiefer wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> I get some strange error, using the latest opensc version (0.12.0) with
> Thunderbird (using the the pkcs11-tool itself too). I'm using the latest
> pcsc drivers 1.7.2 with an KOBIL KAAN Advanced and an old TUD Card
> (tcos3.0).
> In Thunderbird itself the card I'm using shows up but without any (PIN)
> indicator. I can also see the certificate their, but I'm never asked for
> any password.
> Attached you will find a part of the log, produced while trying to
> decrypt a message in Thunderbird. It says
> "iso7816.c:102:iso7816_check_sw: Security status not satisfied". That's
> correct since I've never been asked for a password :)
> The same setup is working fine using opensc 0.11.13.
> Do you have any idea what's wrong here?
>
> greets
>
> --
> B. Sc. Franziskus Kiefer
> <opensc-0.12.0-debug.log>_______________________________________________

@MartinPaljak.net
+3725156495

Re: OpenSC 0.12.0 and Thunderbird problem

Franziskus Kiefer
Yeah, thx a lot that fixed the problem :)

On 04/18/2011 05:53 PM, Martin Paljak wrote:

> Hello,
>

> Follow the conversation on http://www.opensc-project.org/opensc/ticket/256
>
> I think this is the same issue.
>

> On Apr 18, 2011, at 18:27 , Franziskus Kiefer wrote:
>
>> Hallo,
>>
>> I get some strange error, using the latest opensc version (0.12.0) with
>> Thunderbird (using the the pkcs11-tool itself too). I'm using the latest
>> pcsc drivers 1.7.2 with an KOBIL KAAN Advanced and an old TUD Card
>> (tcos3.0).
>> In Thunderbird itself the card I'm using shows up but without any (PIN)
>> indicator. I can also see the certificate their, but I'm never asked for
>> any password.
>> Attached you will find a part of the log, produced while trying to
>> decrypt a message in Thunderbird. It says
>> "iso7816.c:102:iso7816_check_sw: Security status not satisfied". That's
>> correct since I've never been asked for a password :)
>> The same setup is working fine using opensc 0.11.13.
>> Do you have any idea what's wrong here?
>>
>> greets
>>
>> --
>> B. Sc. Franziskus Kiefer
>> <opensc-0.12.0-debug.log>_______________________________________________

B. Sc. Franziskus Kiefer

FlexSecure GmbH
Industriestr. 12
D - 64297 Darmstadt
Mobile: 017642067878
Internet: www.flexsecure.de

Geschäftsführer:
Erwin Stallenberger, Markus Ruppert

Amtsgericht Darmstadt HRB 8036
Umsatzsteuernummer: DE 214745269

Re: OpenSC 0.12.0 and Thunderbird problem

As there has been no changes in the TCOS driver I think it is fair to schedule this for next OpenSC release, due to happen In Nearest Future.

Martin
On Apr 18, 2011, at 19:35 , Franziskus Kiefer wrote:

> Yeah, thx a lot that fixed the problem :)
>
> On 04/18/2011 05:53 PM, Martin Paljak wrote:
>> Hello,
>>

>> Follow the conversation on http://www.opensc-project.org/opensc/ticket/256
>>
>> I think this is the same issue.
>>

>> On Apr 18, 2011, at 18:27 , Franziskus Kiefer wrote:
>>
>>> Hallo,
>>>
>>> I get some strange error, using the latest opensc version (0.12.0) with
>>> Thunderbird (using the the pkcs11-tool itself too). I'm using the latest
>>> pcsc drivers 1.7.2 with an KOBIL KAAN Advanced and an old TUD Card
>>> (tcos3.0).
>>> In Thunderbird itself the card I'm using shows up but without any (PIN)
>>> indicator. I can also see the certificate their, but I'm never asked for
>>> any password.
>>> Attached you will find a part of the log, produced while trying to
>>> decrypt a message in Thunderbird. It says
>>> "iso7816.c:102:iso7816_check_sw: Security status not satisfied". That's
>>> correct since I've never been asked for a password :)
>>> The same setup is working fine using opensc 0.11.13.
>>> Do you have any idea what's wrong here?
>>>
>>> greets
>>>
>>> --
>>> B. Sc. Franziskus Kiefer
>>> <opensc-0.12.0-debug.log>_______________________________________________

> B. Sc. Franziskus Kiefer
>
> FlexSecure GmbH
> Industriestr. 12
> D - 64297 Darmstadt
> Mobile: 017642067878
> Internet: www.flexsecure.de
>
> Geschäftsführer:
> Erwin Stallenberger, Markus Ruppert
>
> Amtsgericht Darmstadt HRB 8036
> Umsatzsteuernummer: DE 214745269

--
@MartinPaljak.net
+3725156495

Re: OpenSC 0.12.0 and Thunderbird problem

Franziskus Kiefer
Hey,

yes, as far as I'm concerned the TUD Card is replaced by a new card
using CardOS with a Kobil profile atm. I'm working to get this new one
run with OpenSC.

greets
franziskus