Packages with source and binaries can be downloaded from http://www.opensc-project.org/files/opensc - Source for Linux: opensc-0.12.0.tar.gz
- Installer for OSX 10.6: OpenSC-0.12.0-10.6.dmg
- Installer for OSX 10.5: OpenSC-0.12.0-10.5.dmg
- Installer for Windows: OpenSC-0.12.0.win32.exe
- Most Important News -
- Binary installers for Windows (x86) and Mac OS X (10.5+) now available.
- Windows installer will probably see changes in the next release, use with caution.
- Support for several new cards added
- Portugese eID
- Italian eID, CNS
- CardOS version 4.4
- Transparent software key generation has been removed from OpenSC
- Linking against libopensc has been deprecated
- This release fixes CVE-2010-4523, a security issue where specially crafted rogue smart cards can
be used to execute arbitrary code.
- OpenSC Features -
- Support for generation, import and use of RSA keys up to 2048 bits.
- Partial GOST algorithms support with OpenSSL 1.0.0 and later
- Supports SHA1, SHA-256, SHA-512, MD5 and RIPEMD160 hashing
- Multi-platform PKCS#11 v2.20 module for Linux, Windows and Mac OS X.
- Works with supported cards in native Mac OS X applications (Safari, Mail.app etc)
- Through open source OpenSC.tokend
- Support for all recent smart card readers, by default via PC/SC.
- Optionally through CT-API or OpenCT.
- Multi-platform support for modern pinpad readers with PC/SC v2 compatible drivers
- Works with open source pcsc-lite and CCID driver
NB! Actual features depend on used hardware and software versions!
- Notes to packagers -
- Linking against libopensc is not encouraged; OpenSC no longer installs header files.
- Developer packages (-dev/-devel) should be removed. Developers are encouraged to use
either PKCS#11 for cryptographic purposes or pcsc-lite for direct smart card access.
- Only a single reader layer can be enabled at compile time. The default is PC/SC. Packagers
and distros are encouraged to compile with pcsc-lite support by default. See OpenSC
ticket #216 for more information: http://www.opensc-project.org/opensc/ticket/216 - mozilla-opensc plugin has been discontinued. This removes libassuan dependency.
- Please report issues to [hidden email]
Known issues will be gathered to the OpenSC wiki (with additional technical details) as they are discovered.