OpenSC 0.12.1 was released on 17.05.2011.
Packages with source and binaries can be downloaded from http://www.opensc-project.org/files/opensc
- Source for Unix: opensc-0.12.1.tar.gz
- Installer for OSX 10.6: OpenSC-0.12.1-10.6.dmg
- Installer for OSX 10.5: OpenSC-0.12.1-10.5.dmg
- Installer for x86 Windows: OpenSC-0.12.1-win32.msi
- Installer for x64 Windows: OpenSC-0.12.1-win64.msi
- Most Important News -
- Binary MSI installers for Windows x86 and x64 are now available.
- MiniDriver is included in the build but not enabled. People interested in testing it with their
cards are encouraged to consult the wiki and ask for guidance on opensc-devel mailing list.
- New card driver:
- IAS-ECC 1.0.1
- Support for cards with multiple PKCS#15 applications
== OpenSC overview ==
OpenSC provides a set of libraries and utilities to work with smart cards.
Its main focus is on cards that support cryptographic operations, and facilitate their use in security applications
such as authentication, mail encryption and digital signatures. OpenSC implements the PKCS#11 API so applications
supporting this API (such as Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird) can use it. On the card OpenSC implements the
PKCS#15 standard and aims to be compatible with every software/card that does so, too.
- Features -
- Support for generation, import and use of RSA keys up to 2048 bits.
- Preliminary support for ECDSA and GOST
- Supports SHA-1, SHA-2, MD5 and RIPEMD160 hashing
- Multi-platform PKCS#11 v2.20 module for Linux, Windows and Mac OS X.
- Works with supported cards in native Mac OS X applications (Safari, Mail.app etc)
- Through open source OpenSC.tokend
- Support for all recent smart card readers, by default via PC/SC.
- Optionally through CT-API or OpenCT.
- Multi-platform support for modern pinpad readers with PC/SC v2 compatible drivers
- Works with open source pcsc-lite and CCID driver
NB! Actual features depend on used hardware and software versions!
== More information ==
Known issues will be gathered to the OpenSC wiki (with additional technical details) as they are discovered.
Full list of all changes and fixed issues is available online:
== Next release ==
OpenSC 0.12.2 will be released on 10.06.2011.
To learn more about the next release and to learn how to get involved in OpenSC development, go to OpenSC wiki:
Thanks to all contributors!
Martin Paljak, OpenSC release worker
opensc-announce mailing list
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|