OpenSC Internet Explorer

12

Re: OpenSC Internet Explorer

Roberto Resoli-2
Il 27/10/2014 21:06, Roberto Resoli ha scritto:
> I guess from the screenshot that the "Cannot open the AT_KEYEXCHANGE key
> for reader: ACS CCID USB Reader 0" appears after you answer the prompt
> in some way; is it correct?

Ther was am error in my ATR/ATRMask registry settings.

Now I can replicate Shaun's certutil -scinfo output:

***

>certutil -scinfo
Gestione risorse smart card in esecuzione.
Stato corrente lettore/scheda:
Lettori: 1
  0: ACS CCID USB Reader 0
--- Lettore: ACS CCID USB Reader 0
--- Stato: SCARD_STATE_PRESENT | SCARD_STATE_UNPOWERED
--- Stato: La scheda è disponibile per l'utilizzo.
---   Scheda: CPS
---    ATR:
        3b ff 18 00 ff c1 0a 31  fe 55 00 6b 05 08 c8 0c   ;......1.U.k....
        01 11 01 43 4e 53 10 31  80 05                     ...CNS.1..

Analisi della scheda nel lettore: ACS CCID USB Reader 0

--------------===========================--------------
================ Certificato 0 ================
--- Lettore: ACS CCID USB Reader 0
---   Scheda: CPS
Provider = Microsoft Base Smart Card Crypto Provider
Contenitore chiave = (null) [Contenitore predefinito]

Impossibile aprire la chiave AT_SIGNATURE per il lettore: ACS CCID USB
Reader 0
Impossibile aprire la chiave AT_KEYEXCHANGE per il lettore: ACS CCID USB
Reader 0
SCardGetCardTypeProviderName: Impossibile trovare il file specificato.
0x2 (WIN32: 2)
Impossibile recuperare il nome del provider per CPS
--------------===========================--------------

Eseguito.
CertUtil: - Esecuzione comando SCInfo riuscita.

***

There are two "Insert Smart Card" prompts:

- one before "Impossibile aprire la chiave AT_SIGNATURE ..."
- the other before "Impossibile aprire la chiave AT_KEYEXCHANGE ..."

No opensc-debug.log nor md.log debug lines are generated.
Note that when using standard opensc tools the expected debug
information is generated.

bye,
rob

Re: OpenSC Internet Explorer

Shaun Schutte (TIS innovation park)

Il 29/10/2014 09:20, Shaun Schutte (TIS innovation park) ha scritto:

>> I could help but I have no experience of CNS code, and currently no time
>> at all to dedicate. As I said E. Pucciarelli which is the author seems
>> no more interested in the project.
>>
>> Shaun, somone in your organization or some contractor could take care of
>> it? I can offer all the help I can.
>
> Thanks Roberto and Douglas,
> We have started asking around, I unfortunately also lack experience with
> the CNS code. I contacted E.Pucciarelli previously concerning this
> matter but it has been a long time since he has worked on this. Not too
> sure how much time he has to do something like this.

I am starting looking at the code, and managed to implement sort of
card_ctl function that supports SC_CARDCTL_GET_SERIALNR (only, at the
moment), as Douglas suggested.

I've just built under Linux, and seems working:

$ opensc-tool --serial
Using reader with a card: ACS ACR 38U-CCID 00 00
21 14 E0 11 12 2B !....+

Now I have to cross-compile for my windows 64bit test installation, and
test.

bye,
rob

Re: OpenSC Internet Explorer

Shaun Schutte (TIS innovation park)

Re: OpenSC Internet Explorer

Shaun Schutte (TIS innovation park)

Sorry I sent that off way too quickly without even explaining under what
conditions I am testing under:

When testing under a 64bit Windows 7 virtual machine the 64bit OpenSC
installers fail to read the certificates from the smart card when using
Firefox. However when using the 32bit installers under a 64bit Windows 7
machine everything works as expected. These tests were done using OpenSC
0.14, 32bit and 64bit:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/opensc/files/OpenSC/opensc-0.14.0/

This might be far reaching but could it have anything to do with 64bit
Windows that requires drivers that are digitally signed? More out of
curiosity than anything else.

- --
shaun

Il 29/10/2014 11:59, Shaun Schutte (TIS innovation park) ha scritto:

> Not too sure if you experienced the same thing with the OpenSC 64-bit
> installers that are downloadable from sourceforge but they did not
> work  for me. When authenticating to our local eGov website the cert >
is not read at all.

This is not neded to test ffox ability to read the card;
after having provided opensc-pkcs11 library path in the "security token"
configuration the certificate name should appear, and clicking on it
should enable a button for opening a user session on the token.

By the way, even PIN change can be done in the same configuration GUI.

After login, the card holder certificate is listed under the "Personal
Certificates" tab.

> Sorry I sent that off way too quickly without even explaining under what
> conditions I am testing under:
>
> When testing under a 64bit Windows 7 virtual machine the 64bit OpenSC
> installers fail to read the certificates from the smart card when using
> Firefox.

I'm currently doing all my tests under a 64bit Windows 7 kvm virtual
machine, wich is a typical internal workstation; we tend to use 32 bit
browsers (and 32 bit java, and so on) even on 64bit
Windows, because of lacking of many 64bit version of several
applcations/tools.

So we are interested in 32 bit OpenSC mainly.

> However when using the 32bit installers under a 64bit Windows 7
> machine everything works as expected. These tests were done using OpenSC
> 0.14, 32bit and 64bit:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/opensc/files/OpenSC/opensc-0.14.0/
>
> This might be far reaching but could it have anything to do with 64bit
> Windows that requires drivers that are digitally signed? More out of
> curiosity than anything else.

Maybe, I had 64bit OpenSC 0.14 installed on that machine, and its tools
(pkcs11-tool included) worked flawlessly. I don't hawe ffox 64bit
installed; will try ASAP.

bye
rob

Re: OpenSC Internet Explorer

Douglas E Engert

On 10/29/2014 6:46 AM, Roberto Resoli wrote:

> Il 29/10/2014 11:59, Shaun Schutte (TIS innovation park) ha scritto:
>
>> Not too sure if you experienced the same thing with the OpenSC 64-bit
>> installers that are downloadable from sourceforge but they did not
>> work  for me. When authenticating to our local eGov website the cert >
> is not read at all.
>
> This is not neded to test ffox ability to read the card;
> after having provided opensc-pkcs11 library path in the "security token"
> configuration the certificate name should appear, and clicking on it
> should enable a button for opening a user session on the token.
>
> By the way, even PIN change can be done in the same configuration GUI.
>
> After login, the card holder certificate is listed under the "Personal
> Certificates" tab.
>
>> Sorry I sent that off way too quickly without even explaining under what
>> conditions I am testing under:
>>
>> When testing under a 64bit Windows 7 virtual machine the 64bit OpenSC
>> installers fail to read the certificates from the smart card when using
>> Firefox.
>
> I'm currently doing all my tests under a 64bit Windows 7 kvm virtual
> machine, wich is a typical internal workstation; we tend to use 32 bit
> browsers (and 32 bit java, and so on) even on 64bit
> Windows, because of lacking of many 64bit version of several
> applcations/tools.
>
> So we are interested in 32 bit OpenSC mainly.
>
>> However when using the 32bit installers under a 64bit Windows 7
>> machine everything works as expected. These tests were done using OpenSC
>> 0.14, 32bit and 64bit:
>>
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/opensc/files/OpenSC/opensc-0.14.0/
>>
>> This might be far reaching but could it have anything to do with 64bit
>> Windows that requires drivers that are digitally signed? More out of
>> curiosity than anything else.
>
> Maybe, I had 64bit OpenSC 0.14 installed on that machine, and its tools
> (pkcs11-tool included) worked flawlessly. I don't hawe ffox 64bit
> installed; will try ASAP.

In a different thread, I told someone that on 64 bit windows, you can
install both 64 bit and 32 bit OpenSC, so 32 bit applications like IE or
ffox will still run.

Il 29/10/2014 13:16, Douglas E Engert ha scritto:
>> I'm currently doing all my tests under a 64bit Windows 7 kvm virtual
>> machine, wich is a typical internal workstation; we tend to use 32 bit
>> browsers (and 32 bit java, and so on) even on 64bit
>> Windows, because of lacking of many 64bit version of several
>> applications/tools.
>>
>> So we are interested in 32 bit OpenSC mainly.
> In a different thread, I told someone that on 64 bit windows, you can
> install both 64 bit and 32 bit OpenSC, so 32 bit applications like IE or
> ffox will still run.

Yes, this was my previous configuration indeed.

I reinstalled the 64bit version of opensc, and now i get both md.log and
opensc.log (attached)

I managed to implement a rudimentary card_ctl function for card-itacns
that supports SC_CARDCTL_GET_SERIALNR (only, at the moment), and seems
to work under linux:

$ opensc-tool --serial
Using reader with a card: ACS ACR 38U-CCID 00 00
21 14 E0 11 12 2B !....+

Unfortunately, it seems that cross-compiling support for the minidriver
is not there for licensing reason (I have cross compiled more or less
all remining stuff). Any hint?

bye,
rob

minidriver-debug_rob.tar.gz (132K) Download Attachment

On 10/29/2014 1:03 PM, Roberto Resoli wrote:

> Il 29/10/2014 13:16, Douglas E Engert ha scritto:
>>> I'm currently doing all my tests under a 64bit Windows 7 kvm virtual
>>> machine, wich is a typical internal workstation; we tend to use 32 bit
>>> browsers (and 32 bit java, and so on) even on 64bit
>>> Windows, because of lacking of many 64bit version of several
>>> applications/tools.
>>>
>>> So we are interested in 32 bit OpenSC mainly.
>> In a different thread, I told someone that on 64 bit windows, you can
>> install both 64 bit and 32 bit OpenSC, so 32 bit applications like IE or
>> ffox will still run.
>
> Yes, this was my previous configuration indeed.
>
> I reinstalled the 64bit version of opensc, and now i get both md.log and
> opensc.log (attached)
>
> I managed to implement a rudimentary card_ctl function for card-itacns
> that supports SC_CARDCTL_GET_SERIALNR (only, at the moment), and seems
> to work under linux:
>
> $ opensc-tool --serial
> Using reader with a card: ACS ACR 38U-CCID 00 00
> 21 14 E0 11 12 2B !....+
>
> Unfortunately, it seems that cross-compiling support for the minidriver
> is not there for licensing reason (I have cross compiled more or less
> all remining stuff). Any hint?

Yes.
There may be a better way, and I have not tried this...

When you fork a copy of OpenSC/OpenSC to your own github repository,
commit a patch to it,  then issue a pull request to OpenSC,
the patch will be compiled by Jenkins, for both win32 and Ubuntu.
You could then down load the win32 MSI file and try it.

For example see:

https://github.com/OpenSC/OpenSC/pull/311

and the box with:

    All is well — Merged build finished. · Details
    This pull request can be automatically merged.

If you click on details,
  There should be a opensc-pr-win32 link.
  clicking on it should let you download the MSI file.

You can see what Jenkins has been done lately:

https://opensc.fr/jenkins/

Looks like it will try and build windows 64,

> bye,
> rob

Re: OpenSC Internet Explorer

Roberto Resoli-2
>> Unfortunately, it seems that cross-compiling support for the minidriver
>> is not there for licensing reason (I have cross compiled more or less
>> all remining stuff). Any hint?
>
> Yes.
> There may be a better way, and I have not tried this...
> You can see what Jenkins has been done lately:
>
> https://opensc.fr/jenkins/
>
> Looks like it will try and build windows 64,

Hello Douglas, your suggestion is really useful, but I will try jenkins
when my patch will be more presentable ;-)

In the meanwhile I succeded in cross compile the minidriver, and
succedded also in exposing cardholder certificate thru "certutil
-scinfo" (see bottom of this message).

The warnings about the missing issuer were  misleading me at first, but
after providing the PIN at prompt, a certificate dialog appeared,
I clicked on the details link and from that installed the certificate as
usual.

I tested SSL client autentication on several sites, including this one

https://webapps.comune.trento.it/ssltest

I set up long ago, supporting  many Italian CAs; all is working very well.

bye,
rob

****

Gestione risorse smart card in esecuzione.
Stato corrente lettore/scheda:
Lettori: 1
  0: ACS CCID USB Reader 0
--- Lettore: ACS CCID USB Reader 0
--- Stato: SCARD_STATE_PRESENT | SCARD_STATE_UNPOWERED
--- Stato: La scheda è disponibile per l'utilizzo.
---   Scheda: CPS
---    ATR:
        3b ff 18 00 ff c1 0a 31  fe 55 00 6b 05 08 c8 0c   ;......1.U.k....
        01 11 01 43 4e 53 10 31  80 05                     ...CNS.1..

Analisi della scheda nel lettore: ACS CCID USB Reader 0

--------------===========================--------------
================ Certificato 0 ================
--- Lettore: ACS CCID USB Reader 0
---   Scheda: CPS
Provider = Microsoft Base Smart Card Crypto Provider
Contenitore chiave = {d61c6c83-b5ac-acb9-152f-c9cd495996a6} [Contenitore
predefinito]

Nessuna chiave AT_SIGNATURE per il lettore: ACS CCID USB Reader 0

Test di corrispondenza della chiave pubblica AT_KEYEXCHANGE in corso...
Test di corrispondenza della chiave pubblica eseguito
  Contenitore chiave = {d61c6c83-b5ac-acb9-152f-c9cd495996a6}
  Provider = Microsoft Base Smart Card Crypto Provider
  TipoProvider = 1
  Flags = 1
  KeySpec = 1 -- AT_KEYEXCHANGE
Chiave privata convalidata

Verifica della catena di certificati in corso...
CertGetCertificateChain(dwErrorStatus) = 0x1010040
Catena della smart card non valida
dwFlags = CA_VERIFY_FLAGS_CONSOLE_TRACE (0x20000000)
dwFlags = CA_VERIFY_FLAGS_DUMP_CHAIN (0x40000000)
ChainFlags = CERT_CHAIN_REVOCATION_CHECK_CHAIN_EXCLUDE_ROOT (0x40000000)
HCCE_LOCAL_MACHINE
CERT_CHAIN_POLICY_BASE
-------- CERT_CHAIN_CONTEXT --------
ChainContext.dwErrorStatus = CERT_TRUST_REVOCATION_STATUS_UNKNOWN (0x40)
ChainContext.dwErrorStatus = CERT_TRUST_IS_OFFLINE_REVOCATION (0x1000000)
ChainContext.dwErrorStatus = CERT_TRUST_IS_PARTIAL_CHAIN (0x10000)
SimpleChain.dwErrorStatus = CERT_TRUST_REVOCATION_STATUS_UNKNOWN (0x40)
SimpleChain.dwErrorStatus = CERT_TRUST_IS_OFFLINE_REVOCATION (0x1000000)
SimpleChain.dwErrorStatus = CERT_TRUST_IS_PARTIAL_CHAIN (0x10000)

CertContext[0][0]: dwInfoStatus=2 dwErrorStatus=1000040
  Issuer: CN=Provincia Autonoma di Trento - CA Cittadini, OU=Servizi di
Certificazione, O=Postecom S.p.A., C=IT
  NotBefore: 18/02/2011 14:20
  NotAfter: 24/12/2016 01:59
  Subject:
CN="RSLRRT64E08A952W/6042100941441607.Z6ugCe0i067316vhbUAjO3PIvkk=",
OU=Provincia Autonoma di Trento, O=TS-CNS, C=IT
  Serial: 062a4a
  db 4c e7 8a fd ab 51 b2 27 da 1e d7 26 80 e3 60 47 42 b1 52
  Element.dwInfoStatus = CERT_TRUST_HAS_KEY_MATCH_ISSUER (0x2)
  Element.dwErrorStatus = CERT_TRUST_REVOCATION_STATUS_UNKNOWN (0x40)
  Element.dwErrorStatus = CERT_TRUST_IS_OFFLINE_REVOCATION (0x1000000)
  Issuance[0] = 1.3.76.16.2.1
  Issuance[1] = 1.3.76.11.1.3.1
  Application[0] = 1.3.6.1.5.5.7.3.2 Autenticazione client

Exclude leaf cert:
  da 39 a3 ee 5e 6b 4b 0d 32 55 bf ef 95 60 18 90 af d8 07 09
Full chain:
  db 4c e7 8a fd ab 51 b2 27 da 1e d7 26 80 e3 60 47 42 b1 52
Missing Issuer: CN=Provincia Autonoma di Trento - CA Cittadini,
  Subject:
CN="RSLRRT64E08A952W/6042100941441607.Z6ugCe0i067316vhbUAjO3PIvkk=",
OU=Provincia Autonoma di Trento, O=TS-CNS, C=IT
  Serial: 062a4a
  db 4c e7 8a fd ab 51 b2 27 da 1e d7 26 80 e3 60 47 42 b1 52
Impossibile creare una catena di certificati per un'autorità radice
disponibile nell'elenco locale. 0x800b010a (-2146762486)
Catena di certificati incompleta
Impossibile trovare certificato:
    CN=Provincia Autonoma di Trento - CA Cittadini, OU=Servizi di
Certificazione, O=Postecom S.p.A., C=IT
Certificato AT_KEYEXCHANGE visualizzato per il lettore: ACS CCID USB