OpenSC and MUSCLE smart card frame works

OpenSC and MUSCLE smart card frame works

Srinivas G.
Dear all,

I have a simple doubt about the OpenSc and MUSCLE smart card frameworks.

The OpenSc and MUSCLE are two different frameworks for the use of smart
cards in Linux Environments. Is this correct?
OR
We need both (OpenSC and MUSCLE) for use of smart cards in Linux
Environments?
OR
Any one of the framework (OpenSC or MUSCLE) is enough to use the smart
cards in Linux Environment.

Could any one please answer to above questions?
It will help me a lot.

Thanks and Regards,
Srinivas G

Re: OpenSC and MUSCLE smart card frame works

Nils Larsch
Srinivas G. wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have a simple doubt about the OpenSc and MUSCLE smart card frameworks.
>
> The OpenSc and MUSCLE are two different frameworks for the use of smart
> cards in Linux Environments. Is this correct?
> OR
> We need both (OpenSC and MUSCLE) for use of smart cards in Linux
> Environments?
> OR
> Any one of the framework (OpenSC or MUSCLE) is enough to use the smart
> cards in Linux Environment.

to make it short: opensc is a library for personalized cards or cards
with a applet/card os, whereas MUSCLE offers a java applet for java
cards without an applet. So what you need depends on what cards you
want to use.

Cheers,
Nils