OpenSC pkcs11 headers

Fred
Hi all,

I am currently trying to use smartcard with cryptlib using OpenSC on Linux.
pkcs11 OpenSC library is working OK (from openssl, gnutls, xca or
mozilla-nss and so on ...)

Object library are at /usr/lib/opensc-pkcs11.la and
/usr/lib/opensc-pkcs11.so from rpm opensc-0.12.2-8.1.1.i586, but
corresponding header are missing ...

In cryptklib, PKCS11 support is auto-detected like this in  tools/ccopts.sh :

        if [ -f /usr/include/pkcs11.h -o -f /usr/include/security/pkcs11.h -o \
                 -f /usr/include/opensc/pkcs11.h -o -f
/usr/local/include/pkcs11.h ] ; then

I have tried to bind cryptlib to openSC pkcs11 support on some linux
distros line Debian Squeeze, OpenSuze 12.1, 12.2 & 12.3, as well as
CentOS 6.2 & 6.3, but none of this distributions have pkcs11.h present
as tested above ...

I also have tried to rebuild all OpenSC environment from last sources
on those plateform, but I still don't find how to have PKCS11 support
autodetected by cryptlib tools/ccopts.sh

As a sample, here follows file list of a working OpenSC installation
on OpenSuze 12.3 (distro's RPM based install) :

I don't understand if this is a issue related to distros package
management where xyz-devel package including OpenSC pkcs11.h header is
missing or something else ...

Can you help ?

Best regards,
Fred MAISON

OpenSC-OpenSuze.out (15K) Download Attachment

Re: OpenSC pkcs11 headers

Alon Bar-Lev
pkcs11 headers are specification.
you can either use rsa security headers or the scute free alternative.

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 3:58 PM, Fred <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am currently trying to use smartcard with cryptlib using OpenSC on Linux.
> pkcs11 OpenSC library is working OK (from openssl, gnutls, xca or
> mozilla-nss and so on ...)
>
> Object library are at /usr/lib/opensc-pkcs11.la and
> /usr/lib/opensc-pkcs11.so from rpm opensc-0.12.2-8.1.1.i586, but
> corresponding header are missing ...
>
> In cryptklib, PKCS11 support is auto-detected like this in  tools/ccopts.sh :
>
>         if [ -f /usr/include/pkcs11.h -o -f /usr/include/security/pkcs11.h -o \
>                  -f /usr/include/opensc/pkcs11.h -o -f
> /usr/local/include/pkcs11.h ] ; then
>
> I have tried to bind cryptlib to openSC pkcs11 support on some linux
> distros line Debian Squeeze, OpenSuze 12.1, 12.2 & 12.3, as well as
> CentOS 6.2 & 6.3, but none of this distributions have pkcs11.h present
> as tested above ...
>
> I also have tried to rebuild all OpenSC environment from last sources
> on those plateform, but I still don't find how to have PKCS11 support
> autodetected by cryptlib tools/ccopts.sh
>
> As a sample, here follows file list of a working OpenSC installation
> on OpenSuze 12.3 (distro's RPM based install) :
>
> I don't understand if this is a issue related to distros package
> management where xyz-devel package including OpenSC pkcs11.h header is
> missing or something else ...
>
> Can you help ?
>
> Best regards,
> Fred MAISON

Re: OpenSC pkcs11 headers

On 3/28/2013 8:58 AM, Fred wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am currently trying to use smartcard with cryptlib using OpenSC on Linux.
> pkcs11 OpenSC library is working OK (from openssl, gnutls, xca or
> mozilla-nss and so on ...)
>
> Object library are at /usr/lib/opensc-pkcs11.la and
> /usr/lib/opensc-pkcs11.so from rpm opensc-0.12.2-8.1.1.i586, but
> corresponding header are missing ...
>
> In cryptklib, PKCS11 support is auto-detected like this in  tools/ccopts.sh :
>
>          if [ -f /usr/include/pkcs11.h -o -f /usr/include/security/pkcs11.h -o \
>                   -f /usr/include/opensc/pkcs11.h -o -f
> /usr/local/include/pkcs11.h ] ; then

Does it actually use the file or just test that it is present?

> I have tried to bind cryptlib to openSC pkcs11 support on some linux
> distros line Debian Squeeze, OpenSuze 12.1, 12.2 & 12.3, as well as
> CentOS 6.2 & 6.3, but none of this distributions have pkcs11.h present
> as tested above ...
>
> I also have tried to rebuild all OpenSC environment from last sources
> on those plateform, but I still don't find how to have PKCS11 support
> autodetected by cryptlib tools/ccopts.sh
>
> As a sample, here follows file list of a working OpenSC installation
> on OpenSuze 12.3 (distro's RPM based install) :
>
> I don't understand if this is a issue related to distros package
> management where xyz-devel package including OpenSC pkcs11.h header is
> missing or something else ...

This sounds more like a packaging problem with cryptlib, it is
assuming that a development version of some other PKCS#11 implementation
must already be installed.

Other packages don't require a version of pkcs11.h to be already installed,
they provide their own version that implement the RSA PKCS#11 standards.
The pkcs11.h does not define the standard, the RSA documents do and they contain
versions of the pkcs11.h.

Google for: pkcs11.h RSA source

This will point to the RSA versions, and one URL implies that the cryptlib
3.4.1 includes a pkcs11.h.

I am surprised the cryptlib does not provided its own version of the headers,
and build in pkcs11 support on its own. Have you asked the author?

If you have the OpenSC source, you could try the src/pkcs11/pkcs11.h