Opensc VxWorks

sarat

Hi,

I would like to implement OpenSC in VxWorks. Can I compile the same source code using ARM compiler?

According to my understanding OpenSC calls some API’s written in CCID drivers which further communicates with the card though APDU commands, if it so the will the same CCID drivers works for VxWorks because I’m thinking that drivers differ from one operating system to another operating system.

Can someone please let me know how can I implement OpenSC in Vxworks. As of now we are getting shared objects, is there any preconfigured file exists running of it will provide me static libraries?

Thank you.

Regards,

Sarat G

Re: Opensc VxWorks

Frank Morgner
Yes, cross compiling for arm works fine. You should use ./configure together with your cross compile target options.

The standard way of accessing a token is through PC/sc (which may load a ccid driver to talk to the reader). How do you access your token on vxworks?

On 1/7/2015 9:57 PM, sarat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to implement OpenSC in VxWorks. Can I compile the same source code using ARM compiler?

What processor is used is not the main issue.
Its the OS and what support packages the OS has available.

(OpenSC runs on RaspberryPi  ARM based when it the OS is Linux.)

OpenSC depends on the pcsc-lite which includes a USB CCID driver.
Finding or compiling  pcsc for VxWorks will be the first step.

Parts of OpenSC depend on OpenSSL. Depending on what cards you are
interested in, you might be able to compile OpenSC without OpenSSL.

> According to my understanding OpenSC calls some API’s

That is pcsc-lite.

> written in CCID drivers

pcsc-lite includes a USB driver for CCID.

  which further communicates with the card though APDU commands, if it so the will the same CCID drivers works for VxWorks
> because I’m thinking that drivers differ from one operating system to another operating system.
>
> Can someone please let me know how can I implement OpenSC in Vxworks. As of now we are getting shared objects, is there any preconfigured file exists running of it will provide me static libraries?

Good luck...

Google searches for VxWorks and pcsc, or CCID do not show much.

> Thank you.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sarat G

Re: Opensc VxWorks

Frank Morgner
Hi!

> Yes as CCID won't be suitable to handle tokens in VxWorks. I'm looking for
> the replacement of them.

What interface does your token have? Is it USB, TCP/IP, NFC? How are you
accessing your token on the target machine? You basically have the
option to
a) add this specific interface to OpenSC in using e.g. reader-pcsc.c as
template for your reader-vxworks.c
b) emulate the standard PC/SC interface outside of OpenSC in writing a
standalone replacement for libpcsclite.
c) cross compile PCSC-Lite and write a wrapper that acts as virtual
reader driver inside of pcscd.

All options have pros and cons. For examples for b) and c) see e.g.
ifd-vpcd and pcsc-vpcd from here
https://frankmorgner.github.io/vsmartcard/virtualsmartcard/README.html
or pcsc-proxy from here
http://www.aquamaniac.de/sites/download/packages.php?package=11&showall=1

Greets, Frank.

> On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 3:02 PM, Frank Morgner <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Yes, cross compiling for arm works fine. You should use ./configure
> > together with your cross compile target options.
> >
> > The standard way of accessing a token is through PC/sc (which may load a
> > ccid driver to talk to the reader). How do you access your token on vxworks?
> >
> > Am 8. Januar 2015 04:57:39 MEZ, schrieb sarat <[hidden email]>:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I would like to implement OpenSC in VxWorks. Can I compile the same
> >> source code using ARM compiler?
> >>
> >> According to my understanding OpenSC calls some API’s written in CCID
> >> drivers which further communicates with the card though APDU commands, if
> >> it so the will the same CCID drivers works for VxWorks because I’m thinking
> >> that drivers differ from one operating system to another operating system.
> >>
> >> Can someone please let me know how can I implement OpenSC in Vxworks. As
> >> of now we are getting shared objects, is there any preconfigured file
> >> exists running of it will provide me static libraries?
> >>
> >> Thank you.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Sarat G

> >> hub for all things parallel software development, from weekly thought
> >> leadership blogs to news, videos, case studies, tutorials and more. Take a
> >> look and join the conversation now. http://goparallel.sourceforge.net

> > --
> > Frank Morgner

Re: Opensc VxWorks

Sarat G
Hi Frank,
My target machine(i.e high end MFP) all the interfaces like USB,TCP/IP, Wi-Fi,NFC,Bluetooth. But we are using USB to access the token.

Regards,
Sarat G