[Opensc-announce] Release 0.15.0

Viktor Tarasov-3
Hi,

release 0.15.0 is published,

https://sourceforge.net/projects/opensc/files/OpenSC/opensc-0.15.0/
https://opensc.fr/jenkins/view/OpenSC-release/
https://github.com/OpenSC/OpenSC/releases/tag/0.15.0

Thank you for your contributions, tests, ideas, discussions.

Best regards,
Viktor.

On 03/22/2015 05:44 PM, Andreas Schwier wrote:

> Hi Viktor,
>
> I've done a complete regression test with the SmartCard-HSM during which
> we discovered a broken commit.
>
> I've added pull request 399 to revert this commit and fix parameter
> checking.
>
> Other than that, the current master works with the SmartCard-HSM.
>
> Andreas
>
> On 03/22/2015 11:28 AM, Viktor Tarasov wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I propose to prepare the next 0.15.0 release. The dedicated branch is created.
>>
>> Please tell if there are outstanding bugs that have to be fixed,
>> something essential is still to be integrated into this release.
>>
>> Any proposals, suggestions, test results are heartily wellcome.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Viktor.

Re: [Opensc-announce] [Opensc-devel] Release 0.15.0

David Woodhouse
On Sat, 2015-05-16 at 23:17 +0200, Viktor Tarasov wrote:
> release 0.15.0 is published,

Um,... really?

As discussed in ticket #468 this version of libopensc.so.3 is
binary-incompatible with the libopensc.so.3 from previous OpenSC
releases. So anything linked against it may just crash on updating to
0.15.0.

And it still doesn't seem to work with OpenVPN because of issue #333
(which affects all platforms except Windows, I believe). We merged a
*test* case for that bug, but AFAICT didn't actually fix the bug.

(I say both those things looking at the commit logs but without actually
re-testing. I'm a little busy right now but I'd tried to make sure those
bugs were both known so that the release didn't happen without them
fixed...)

Should we be looking to do a 0.15.1 release within the next few days
with those addressed?

--
dwmw2

On 05/17/2015 09:41 AM, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Sat, 2015-05-16 at 23:17 +0200, Viktor Tarasov wrote:
>> release 0.15.0 is published,
> Um,... really?
>
> As discussed in ticket #468 this version of libopensc.so.3 is
> binary-incompatible with the libopensc.so.3 from previous OpenSC
> releases. So anything linked against it may just crash on updating to
> 0.15.0.

For me the libopensc.so was always an internal OpenSC library.
Maybe I'm missing something.

> And it still doesn't seem to work with OpenVPN because of issue #333
> (which affects all platforms except Windows, I believe). We merged a
> *test* case for that bug, but AFAICT didn't actually fix the bug.
>
> (I say both those things looking at the commit logs but without actually
> re-testing. I'm a little busy right now but I'd tried to make sure those
> bugs were both known so that the release didn't happen without them
> fixed...)
>
> Should we be looking to do a 0.15.1 release within the next few days
> with those addressed?

Yes, we'll be looking for release 0.15.1 .