Opensc support for Ministry of Interior - France "Agent Card"

Opensc support for Ministry of Interior - France "Agent Card"

Insalien
Hello,

I would like to know if the Ministry of Interior - France "Agent Card" (ATR: 3B DF 96 00 80 31 FE 45 00 31 B8 64 04 1F EC C1 73 94 01 80 82 90 00 EC) is supported by OpenSC.

The card is detected with pcsc_scan but not with opensc-tool.

I have the following environnement:

Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS
pcsc-lite version 1.8.10
opensc 0.13.0-3ubuntu4.1
pcsc-tools 1.4.22-1

And please found attached the logs of opensc-tool -n -vvv

Best regards,

Trung NGUYEN

opensc-tool.log

Re: Opensc support for Ministry of Interior - France "Agent Card"

Thomas Calderon
Hi,

Funny thing is that I have worked on those cards the previous week.
There is initial support in the current upstream code.

To test it, you will have to download the sources from the repository and rebuild OpenSC.

This is easily done on an Ubuntu test environment (your case):
  sudo apt-get remove opensc
  sudo apt-get build-dep opensc
  cd OpenSC
  ./boostrap
  ./configure
  make
  sudo make install

Then you should be able to use your card using opensc-tool, pkcs15-tool, pkcs11-tool or any other PKCS#11 compliant software using /usr/local/lib/opensc-pkcs11.so

Cheers,

Thomas

<http://opensc.1086184.n5.nabble.com/file/n15210/opensc-tool.log>

Re: Opensc support for Ministry of Interior - France "Agent Card"

Insalien
Hi Thomas,

Thanks a lot for your help.
Opensc seems working a lot better now, i can read my card with pkcs15-tool, extract the certificates, etc ...
I'm trying to perform a signature with this card using openssl, engine-pkcs11 and opensc-pkcs11 module.
I have done this before with 0.13.0 opensc version but only for Gemalto IAS/ECC card.
Well, I still have some trouble doing it and I'm going to dig deeper tomorrow.

Thanks again for your help, I'll keep you informed.

Trung NGUYEN

On 31/03/2015 14:46, Thomas Calderon wrote:
[...]

Quang Trung NGUYEN
Software Engineer
01 75 43 75 27

Re: Opensc support for Ministry of Interior - France "Agent Card"

Insalien
Hi Thomas,

The signature performance is working for me now with the 0.14.0 release and with this patch https://github.com/OpenSC/OpenSC/commit/435291f2166935e741e67539a55f191695874268
Thanks again for your help,

Best regards,

Quang Trung NGUYEN

Re: Opensc support for Ministry of Interior - France "Agent Card"

Thomas Calderon
Hi,

Great !
You might want to hold-on a little while longer since OpenSC is close to ship the 0.15.0 release.

Cheers,

Thomas Calderon