PAM_pkcs#11 Debian package

HOW should we provide a Debian package?
And WHO should maintain the Debian package?

I have the debian/ directory ready but don't really know what to do with it.
- Should we add it in svn (I don't like the idea)?
- Should we provide it in https://www.opensc.org/files/contrib/
- Should I provide it on my personnal home page?

Bye,

 For private mail use [hidden email] and not "big brother" Google

Re: PAM_pkcs#11 Debian package

Andreas Jellinghaus-2
if the package is in debian, I see no need to have copies anywhere else.
sure, they won't hurt either.

if you want, you could provide a sarge backport on backports.org
for those who run debian stable.

Re: PAM_pkcs#11 Debian package

Ludovic Rousseau
On 13/09/05, Andreas Jellinghaus <[hidden email]> wrote:
> if the package is in debian, I see no need to have copies anywhere else.
> sure, they won't hurt either.

The package is NOT in Debian yet. And nobody proposed to maintain it
as an official Debian package AFAIK.

On Tuesday 13 September 2005 13:28, Ludovic Rousseau wrote:
> On 13/09/05, Andreas Jellinghaus <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > if the package is in debian, I see no need to have copies anywhere else.
> > sure, they won't hurt either.
>
> The package is NOT in Debian yet. And nobody proposed to maintain it
> as an official Debian package AFAIK.

ok, sorry, let me rephrase:
It would be nice to have an offician debian package.
once we have that, it is not necessary to have packages
anywhere else. if it is possible to get packages into debian
within reasonable time, there is no need to put interim
packages at some other place.

sorry, I'm no debian developer, and with all the time I spend
on opensc&friends, there is enough time left to also work
with debian. so I hope someone else will step forward.

Re: PAM_pkcs#11 Debian package

Jonsy (teleline)
El mar, 13-09-2005 a las 09:54 +0200, Ludovic Rousseau escribió:
> Hello,
> HOW should we provide a Debian package?
> And WHO should maintain the Debian package?
> I have the debian/ directory ready but don't really know what
> to do with it.

I also have patches and pam_pkcs11.spec file for Fedora Core 4
but unsure on what to do it too

> - Should we add it in svn (I don't like the idea)?
Me don't too: we should provide a svn entry for almost every
distribution we receive patches from, giving us extra job
on maintenaince

> - Should we provide it in https://www.opensc.org/files/contrib/
Better idea. Just store received patches/tgz and so with a little
history about contributor and how to contact him.

> - Should I provide it on my personnal home page?
Up to you. But I really don't like become a distro maintainer...

Juan Antonio