Pkcs11Admin - GUI tool for administration of PKCS#11 enabled devices

Pkcs11Admin - GUI tool for administration of PKCS#11 enabled devices

Jaroslav Imrich
Hello all,

this list deals with PKCS#11 related topics so I hope you won't mind if I announce here the first technology preview release of Pkcs11Admin [0] application which aims to be a feature complete GUI tool for administration of PKCS#11 enabled devices.

Pkcs11Admin uses GPLv3 licensing it is written in C# and runs under .NET 4.5 on MS Windows and under Mono 3.X on Linux and Mac OS X. GUI on non-windows platforms is currently little rough because I am focusing on adding missing features on Windows first and I plan to optimize the code for other platforms later.

Anyway I would be grateful if anyone interested could test the app and report any problems or just share his thoughts about the application with me. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Regards, Jaroslav

Re: Pkcs11Admin - GUI tool for administration of PKCS#11 enabled devices

> Hello all,

Hi,

> this list deals with PKCS#11 related topics so I hope you won't mind if I
> announce here the first technology preview release of Pkcs11Admin [0]
> application which aims to be a feature complete GUI tool for administration
> of PKCS#11 enabled devices.
>
> Pkcs11Admin uses GPLv3 licensing it is written in C# and runs under .NET 4.5
> on MS Windows and under Mono 3.X on Linux and Mac OS X. GUI on non-windows
> platforms is currently little rough because I am focusing on adding missing
> features on Windows first and I plan to optimize the code for other
> platforms later.

Can you include some documentation on how to rebuild the application
on GNU/Linux?
Maybe a Makefile or a BUILD.txt file.

> Anyway I would be grateful if anyone interested could test the app and
> report any problems or just share his thoughts about the application with
> me. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

I see you provides binaries for ./lib/pkcs11-logger/
Why not use the PKCS#11 spy/logger provided by OpenSC?
https://github.com/OpenSC/OpenSC/wiki/Using-OpenSC#pkcs-11-spy

Re: Pkcs11Admin - GUI tool for administration of PKCS#11 enabled devices

Jaroslav Imrich
Hello Ludovic,

thank you for your feedback.

Can you include some documentation on how to rebuild the application
on GNU/Linux?
Maybe a Makefile or a BUILD.txt file.

Yes of course - I have added this task to my high priority TODO list. BTW binaries which are already available at sf.net can be executed on GNU/Linux if you have Mono runtime installed:

$ mono ./Pkcs11Admin-x86.exe

I see you provides binaries for ./lib/pkcs11-logger/
Why not use the PKCS#11 spy/logger provided by OpenSC?
https://github.com/OpenSC/OpenSC/wiki/Using-OpenSC#pkcs-11-spy

It is just a personal preference because it was easier for me to bundle windows binaries of pkcs11-logger with the first version of Pkcs11Admin. But I agree that pkcs11-spy may be more convenient solution on GNU/Linux as it is already present in repositories of most distributions so I have implemented support for pkcs11-spy today [0]. Pkcs11Admin now transparently works with both pkcs11-logger and pkcs11-spy.

Regards, Jaroslav