Problem with towitoko

andre-4
Hi,

I having problems on configurating the towitoko (Chipdrive external 320
v 4.3) on openct. I'm using debian sarge and all the packages were
installed with apt. After the apt install process is done, I change the
/etc/openct.conf , uncommenting the lines about towitoko driver (as it
is in trac), but when I execute "/etc/init.d/openct stop" it shows that
"0 process killed", is it normal?? Then I execute "/etc/init.d/openct
start", and "openct-tool list", but the reader is not found. I need some
help!

Thanks.

Re: Problem with towitoko [u]

Andreas Jellinghaus-2
On Monday 29 August 2005 16:44, André Luiz Cardoso wrote:
> I having problems on configurating the towitoko (Chipdrive external 320
> v 4.3) on openct. I'm using debian sarge and all the packages were
> installed with apt. After the apt install process is done, I change the
> /etc/openct.conf , uncommenting the lines about towitoko driver (as it
> is in trac), but when I execute "/etc/init.d/openct stop" it shows that
> "0 process killed", is it normal??

yes, prior to your change there was no reader configured.
with openct for each reader configured and present there is
one process (called "ifdhandler").

> Then I execute "/etc/init.d/openct
> start", and "openct-tool list", but the reader is not found. I need some
> help!

show us those config file parts.
I use this for my chipdrive 4.30 in openct.conf:
reader towitoko {
       driver = towitoko;
       device = serial:/dev/ttyS0;
};

make sure ttyS0 is the serial port with your reader.
if you have several serial ports, try all of them.

also you could increase the debugging level in openct.conf,
then openct will log to syslog, those parts (mostly the logging
by "ifdhandler") is needed to debug the problem. debug level 6
is usualy fine.

Good luck!