[PuTTYcard] Problem with Aladdin eToken PRO

[PuTTYcard] Problem with Aladdin eToken PRO

Cornelius Kölbel
Hello Peter,

I do not get one thing.
What does 1) mean? File that contains private key?
_The_ private key has to be accessible as a file?

How does puttycard work?

On the eToken as it is, there is only one pin, that protects everything. It is not possible to define different pins for each key.
Thanks in advance for your response.

Regards
Cornelius

--snipp--
Unforunatley I'm not familiar with eTokens but others on this list are.

For those of you that are not familiar with PuTTYcard. Here's what
Alexandre needs:

1) file id of DF that contains private key
2) key-reference of the private key
3) pin-reference of the pin that protects the private key
4) file id of a transparent file that contains either a
   certificate or a public key.

Peter

Re: [PuTTYcard] Problem with Aladdin eToken PRO

Peter Koch-3
> I do not get one thing.
> What does 1) mean? File that contains private key?
> _The_ private key has to be accessible as a file?
>
> How does puttycard work?
>
> On the eToken as it is, there is only one pin, that protects everything.
> It is not possible to define different pins for each key.
> Thanks in advance for your response.

The correct formulation is:

1) file id of DF that contains private key file
2) key-reference of the private key
3) pin-reference of the pin that protects the private key
4) file id of a transparent file that contains either a
   certificate or a public key.

Alexandres token has the following layout:

3F00 type: DF, size: 26276
  3F00 2F00 type: wEF, ef structure: transpnt, size: 128
  3F00 5015 type:  DF, size: 26276
    3F00 5015 4404 type: wEF, ef structure: transpnt, size: 512
    3F00 5015 3149 type: wEF, ef structure: transpnt, size: 962
    3F00 5015 4403 type: wEF, ef structure: transpnt, size: 256
    3F00 5015 3048 type: wEF, ef structure: transpnt, size: 142
    3F00 5015 4402 type: wEF, ef structure: transpnt, size: 256
    3F00 5015 4946 type: wEF, ef structure: transpnt, size: 128
    3F00 5015 5032 type: wEF, ef structure: transpnt, size: 42
    3F00 5015 5031 type: wEF, ef structure: transpnt, size: 256
    3F00 5015 4401 type: wEF, ef structure: transpnt, size: 256

so 5015 is the information PuTTYcard needs for 1)

Of course PuTTYcard does not need to read the content of the private key.
If you were able to read the private key of your smartcard you could
then store it into a normal keyfile and use the regular pageant.

The idea behind PuTTYcard is to let pageant use a keyfile that
does not contains the public and private key key but their
locations on your smartcard.

Peter

--
Highspeed-Freiheit. Bei GMX superg?nstig, z.B. GMX DSL_Cityflat,
DSL-Flatrate f?r nur 4,99 Euro/Monat*  http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl