Public key in certificate question

dgambin
Hi,

I have tried to use csp11 for Microsoft applications. csp11 installer
doesn't want to install the certificate if public key is present outside
the cert too. So if I generate the keypair and cert request form the
card (using pkcs11 on OpenCA) there is public key present (pkcs15-tool
--list-public-keys reports it) and csp11 installer does not find any
certificate on the card. If I load the cert in pkcs12 format to the card
then no public key is presenet (pkcs15-tool --list-public-keys does not
reports anything) and csp11 installer finds the cert...

Do you think it can be somehow related to OpenSC or this is just a bug
in csp11?

thanks very much

regards, dejan

Re: Public key in certificate question

Nils Larsch
Gambin Dejan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have tried to use csp11 for Microsoft applications. csp11 installer
> doesn't want to install the certificate if public key is present outside
> the cert too. So if I generate the keypair and cert request form the
> card (using pkcs11 on OpenCA) there is public key present (pkcs15-tool
> --list-public-keys reports it) and csp11 installer does not find any
> certificate on the card. If I load the cert in pkcs12 format to the card
> then no public key is presenet (pkcs15-tool --list-public-keys does not
> reports anything) and csp11 installer finds the cert...
>
> Do you think it can be somehow related to OpenSC or this is just a bug
> in csp11?

what ? The fact the csp doesn't want to install a cert if the
a corresponding public is present sounds like a bug in the csp.

Cheers,
Nils