Quick Debug

Orc Erc
Hi All,

I want to debug opensc in order to solve a issue.
Is there an easy way to open it as Eclipse project.
Or is there any other easy way to debug it.

Thank You Very Much
Orcun

Re: Quick Debug

Douglas E Engert

On 12/3/2014 9:11 AM, Orc Erc wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I want to debug opensc in order to solve a issue.
> Is there an easy way to open it as Eclipse project.

Don't know.

> Or is there any other easy way to debug it.

Start with the debug = 9;
in the opensc.conf.

If its PKCS#11 related, use the pkcs11-spy.so as the PKCS11 module
and have these set in env:

export PKCS11SPY=/path/to/opensc-pkcs11.so
export PKCS11SPY_OUTPUT=/tmp/spy.log

The above also works on windows.

if you build opensc with -g option for gcc and ld,
gdb works too.

> Thank You Very Much
> Orcun

Re: Quick Debug

Andreas Schwier (ML)
There is: You need Eclipse CDT and the "Autotools support for CDT" plug-in.

Then just create a new project with the OpenSC source as project
directory. You can also convert an existing Eclipse Project to an
autotool project.

To debug a component you need to select the executable from the .libs
directory in the debug configuration and set LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the
Environment tab to src/libopensc/.libs.

Just make sure to set Autotools/Configure Settings/Command in the
project properties to 'CFLAGS="-g -O0" configure'.

Andreas

    ---------    CardContact Software & System Consulting
   |.##> <##.|   Andreas Schwier
   |#       #|   Schülerweg 38
   |#       #|   32429 Minden, Germany
   |'##> <##'|   Phone +49 571 56149
    ---------    http://www.cardcontact.de
                 http://www.tscons.de
                 http://www.openscdp.org
                 http://www.smartcard-hsm.com

Re: Quick Debug

Orc Erc
Thank you very much. I have succeeded debugging with Eclipse. I will give details to help others. It will work in all the projects.

As Douglas said, you have to build with -g option. It is already like that.

Open the Eclipse.

File -> New -> Open -> MakeFile Project With Existing Code.
You will create a project, it will not build; but you have the source codes in Eclipse now.
Open Debug Configurations.
Right click to C/C++ Application and say New
In the main textbox give the executables name with Path. (for me: /usr/bin/pkcs11-tool)
In the Arguments tab, give your arguments. (for me: --module /usr/lib/opensc-pkcs11.so -s 3214324324324324)
Put a break point in the start of your code.
And Press Debug.
You can add shared libraries from Debugger Tab.

Orcun