RHEL 5.3 cant see chipdrive 320 external serial card reader

RHEL 5.3 cant see chipdrive 320 external serial card reader

Ken Peirce-2
Hi All,

I have an external sertial card reader connected to the serial port of an HP Proliant server running RHEL 5.2 (32 bit).I have installed openct-0.6.2-3 i586. When I installed, I had to download and install libtool and then go in an do a confgure and build of ldtl. The .configure worked once I built this library. I did a make and make install.I had to manually create the directory /usr/local/var/run/openct as it was not there and the openct-tool complained about there not being a status file there,.

After creating /usr/local/var/run/openct , openct-tool would run for me. I can see openct in the services list. I can run open-ct-tool but it shows no reader attached. I do not have a file /var/run/opensc as it says you must in the troubleshooting section. Ultimately, I am am looking to the utility to be able to exchange data with the card reader via a TCP socket. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks,
Ken

Re: RHEL 5.3 cant see chipdrive 320 external serial card reader

On Jul 12, 2010, at 6:36 PM, Ken Peirce wrote:
> I have an external sertial card reader connected to the serial port of an HP Proliant server running RHEL 5.2 (32 bit).I have installed openct-0.6.2-3 i586. When I installed, I had to download and install libtool and then go in an do a confgure and build of ldtl. The .configure worked once I built this library. I did a make and make install.I had to manually create the directory /usr/local/var/run/openct as it was not there and the openct-tool complained about there not being a status file there,.
>
> After creating /usr/local/var/run/openct , openct-tool would run for me. I can see openct in the services list. I can run open-ct-tool but it shows no reader attached. I do not have a file /var/run/opensc as it says you must in the troubleshooting section. Ultimately, I am am looking to the utility to be able to exchange data with the card reader via a TCP socket. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me what I am doing wrong.
I don't think it is supported by OpenCT [1] nor have you installed pcsc drivers for it (I doubt they exist as well)

Find a cheap USB CCID reader [2]. Serial is outdated feature-wise (no extended APDU-s for example), speed-wise and time-spent-on-setting-them-up-wise.

[1] http://www.opensc-project.org/openct
[2] http://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/section.html
--
Martin Paljak