Segmentation fault using OpenSC on openSUSE 11.3

Segmentation fault using OpenSC on openSUSE 11.3

Iliya Iliev-2
  Hi all,

I have a problem with OpenSC while trying to use cardreader OMNIKEY
CardMan 6121.
I've installed drivers from manufacturer website
(ifdokccid_lnx_x64-3.5.1.tar.gz).

After that I run opensc-tool and everything seems to be OK.
But pkcs11-tool gives me a "Segmentation fault" error.
Firefox crashes immediately when I insert cardreader into USB. I've
installed OpenSC PKCS#11 Module (/usr/lib64/onepi-opensc-pkcs11.so) on
my Firefox.

I tried to debug using "pcscd -fd" and I saw that pcscd uses right
drivers "ifdokccid".

All this works fine for 6 months on openSUSE 11.2 x64 and it stopped
working when I made clean install of openSUSE 11.3 x64.

Can anybody help me please!

Listing:

opensc-tool -l
Readers known about:
Nr.    Driver     Name
0      pcsc       OMNIKEY CardMan 6121 00 00

pkcs11-tool -lt
Segmentation fault

--
Best regards,
Iliya Iliev

Re: Segmentation fault using OpenSC on openSUSE 11.3

On Jul 31, 2010, at 3:18 PM, Iliya Iliev wrote:
> I have a problem with OpenSC while trying to use cardreader OMNIKEY
> CardMan 6121.
> I've installed drivers from manufacturer website
> (ifdokccid_lnx_x64-3.5.1.tar.gz).

Why don't you use the open source CCID driver [1] instead? The reader you have should work [2] just fine with it.

> pkcs11-tool -lt
> Segmentation fault
Can you send a GDB backtrace?

$ gdb pkcs11-tool