Setcos 4.4.1 cards

rainbow-7
hi, if I buy an  Setcos 4.4.1 card, can I use the pkcs15-init to the card?

--
Qingquan Lv
School of Information Science & Engineering , Lanzhou University.

Re: Setcos 4.4.1 cards

JP Szikora-2

Le 05-déc.-09 à 02:46, rainbow a écrit :

> hi, if I buy an  Setcos 4.4.1 card, can I use the pkcs15-init to the
> card?

Hi,

I'm surprised that the card is still for sale, Setec (a finish company
acquired by Gemalto) stopped the production of this chip 3 years ago.
And yes, the card is well supported by OpenSC.

Cheers,

Jean-Pierre

Am Samstag 05 Dezember 2009 02:46:23 schrieb rainbow:
> hi, if I buy an  Setcos 4.4.1 card, can I use the pkcs15-init to the card?

I don't remember anyone using a setcos card in years, so I'm pretty sure
the answer is: no.

Re: Setcos 4.4.1 cards

rainbow-7
yes,I know, so if I want to use opensc with smart card, what smart  cards should I buy? I find there is few cards can get from the market support opensc.

Am Samstag 05 Dezember 2009 09:34:44 schrieb rainbow:
> so,what the common smart card is well supported by opensc?

you found the biggest problem we have with opensc.
everytime there is a nice card and it works fine with opensc,
the production of the card is stopped :(

cardos 4.2B or 4.3B work (but you need to format them once
with some windows software I guess).

I have little experience with java cards and using the muscle
applet. it seems to work somehow, the experience is mixed,
some say it works very good, some ran into problems like
I did.

note sure if the oberthur cards with that specific authentic
applet are available.

if someone writes a driver acos5 could be interesting,
or working on an improved javacard applet and a driver for
it in opensc.

any other card I forgot?

Re: Setcos 4.4.1 cards

Am Samstag 05 Dezember 2009 10:24:42 schrieb rainbow:
> yes,I know, so if I want to use opensc with smart card, what smart  cards
> should I buy? I find there is few cards can get from the market support
> opensc.

JP corrected me, setec 4.4.1 should work very well, if you can buy them.
also cardos 4.3B work well.

or maybe javacards with the muscle applet, but I would buy only one
or two cards and experiment with them first, to see if that it works
out for you, as I got mixed results.

Re: Setcos 4.4.1 cards

Martin Paljak-2
2009/12/5 Andreas Jellinghaus <[hidden email]>:
> Am Samstag 05 Dezember 2009 10:24:42 schrieb rainbow:
>> yes,I know, so if I want to use opensc with smart card, what smart  cards
>> should I buy? I find there is few cards can get from the market support
>> opensc.
> or maybe javacards with the muscle applet, but I would buy only one
> or two cards and experiment with them first, to see if that it works
> out for you, as I got mixed results.

There's also JavaCardSign for JavaCards.
http://javacardsign.sourceforge.net/ a PKCS#15 compatible open source
applet. I have not tried it yet but João whoi has worked with
JavaCards said it looks promising (== minor tweaks necessary to make
it work with the rest of OpenSC, including pkcs15-init).

Martin.