Signing a PDF document using PKCS#11

Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE
Dear Friends,

I am trying to find a Free software to sign a PDF document, but I am
stuck! Any solution at hand?

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel

Re: Signing a PDF document using PKCS#11

akuehne
Hi Jean-Michel,

we build an open sourced signing server capable of handling several formats. PDF is supported, too.
You can fnd our stuff at http://sourceforge.net/projects/sirius-sign/ .

You currently focus on german smartcards with qualified certificates. We would appreciate any feedback on other PKCS11 devices !

Greetings

Andreas

> I am trying to find a Free software to sign a PDF document, but I am
> stuck! Any solution at hand?
>
> Kind regards,
> Jean-Michel
> --
>                   Jean-Michel Pouré - Gooze - http://www.gooze.eu

Re: Signing a PDF document using PKCS#11

Le 19 décembre 2010 22:03, Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE
<[hidden email]> a écrit :
> Dear Friends,
>
> I am trying to find a Free software to sign a PDF document, but I am
> stuck! Any solution at hand?

GnuPG [1] using gnupg-pkcs11 [2]?
What is specific to a PDF document instead of any file type?

Idealx (now OpenTrust) provided a tool to sign and verify signature
called Cryptonit [3]. The software is also available as a Debian
package [4]. But the tool seems to be unmaintained (or less).

Bye

[1] http://www.gnupg.org/
[2] http://gnupg-pkcs11.sourceforge.net/
[3] http://sourceforge.net/projects/cryptonit/
[4] http://packages.debian.org/sid/cryptonit

Re: Signing a PDF document using PKCS#11

Martin Paljak-2

On Dec 20, 2010, at 6:18 PM, Ludovic Rousseau wrote:

> Le 19 décembre 2010 22:03, Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE
> <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>> Dear Friends,
>>
>> I am trying to find a Free software to sign a PDF document, but I am
>> stuck! Any solution at hand?
>
> GnuPG [1] using gnupg-pkcs11 [2]?
> What is specific to a PDF document instead of any file type?
PDF has the possibility to embed signatures into the PDF, so that it is  integrated and verifiable with Adobe Reader.

PGP (and several xades implementations in EU) either create standalone signatures or sign "envelopes" or "containers" (like OpenOffice XML zip containers)

Jean-Michel, It seems you have not checked OpenSC wiki [1]?

[1] http://www.opensc-project.org/opensc/wiki/ApplicationSupport#Applicationspecificdocumentsigning
--
@MartinPaljak.net
+3725156495