Signing a documet with pkcs15-crypt -s --pkcs1

Signing a documet with pkcs15-crypt -s --pkcs1

Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE
Dear all,

I would like to sign a PDF document with pkcs15-crypt.

Wondering whether:
* I should generate an sha1 footprint and then use
pkcs15-crypt -s --sha-1 ..

or

* use pkcs1 features:
pkcs15-crypt -s --pkcs1 -k fa6642b43f1fffa234062d10de583fd6455a962f -i
 /tmp/document.pdf -o /tmp/sig -v -v

Should the input file be encrypted or can we sign any document?

I opened a bug http://www.opensc-project.org/opensc/ticket/354 and I
don't know if it is unvalid.

So could you give me more info on pkcs15-crypt -s --pkcs1 usage

Thanks!

Re: Signing a documet with pkcs15-crypt -s --pkcs1

2011/5/9 Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE <[hidden email]>:
> I would like to sign a PDF document with pkcs15-crypt.
If you want to "sign PDF documents" so that the signature would be of
any use to other people who think of "Signed PDF files" you should use
a signature program which knows PDF format [1].

pkcs15-tool is a low level tool which knows nothing of document
formats that actually people refer to when they think of "signed
documents"

[1] http://www.opensc-project.org/opensc/wiki/ApplicationSupport#Applicationspecificdocumentsigning

Le vendredi 13 mai 2011 à 11:27 +0300, Martin Paljak a écrit :
> I would like to sign a PDF document with pkcs15-crypt.

It was not precisely a PDF but any document. But this was solved and now
I understand how to use pkcs15-crypt.