State of opensc and openct on FreeBSD

Alexandre Belloni
Hello,

I'm trying to use an iKey 3000 usb token on FreeBSD. openct and opensc
compiled well. openct recognize the token as opensc but it seems
pkcs11-tool doesn't work correctly.
I have only one token connected but it lists many slots. And it doesn't
seem to be able to read the object contained in the token.
pkcs11-tool works fine under windows.
Login in the token as user or SO works fine.

I found that some work was being done to have an up-to-date port on
freebsd whe reading opensc-devel. what is the state of this port ?

Cheers,

--
Alexandre Belloni

Re: State of opensc and openct on FreeBSD

Andreas Jellinghaus-2
On Wednesday 25 May 2005 17:49, Alexandre Belloni wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to use an iKey 3000 usb token on FreeBSD. openct and opensc
> compiled well. openct recognize the token as opensc but it seems
> pkcs11-tool doesn't work correctly.

output of opensc-tool commands, of the pkcs11-tool (e.g. --test --login)
and the later possibly with opensc.conf changed to debug level 5 and
a log file, that would be helpful.

> I have only one token connected but it lists many slots.

that is normal: a smart card can have more than one pin (or most
cards can do that, including the card in the ikey 3000), but
pkcs11 knows only one pin per slot, thus we create several
virtual slots, representing the same card but different pins.

> And it doesn't seem to be able to read the object contained in the token.
that should work, please test first with pkcs15-tool (for keys / signing /
decryption: pkcs15-crypt) and then pkcs11-tool. as soon as you get an
error message: please repeat with a higher debug level and post both
the error message as well as the relevant lines of the logfile.

> I found that some work was being done to have an up-to-date port on
> freebsd whe reading opensc-devel. what is the state of this port ?

I have no idea, if you can gather some information, it would be nice
to put them in the wiki. the only issue I know is freebsd usb stack
and whether to compile with or without libusb. for some people the
usb stack causes a kernel panic, the issue is under investigation.

Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
>>And it doesn't seem to be able to read the object contained in the token.
>
> that should work, please test first with pkcs15-tool (for keys / signing /
> decryption: pkcs15-crypt) and then pkcs11-tool. as soon as you get an
> error message: please repeat with a higher debug level and post both
> the error message as well as the relevant lines of the logfile.

I tried pkcs15-init and pkcs15-tool, it works.

The fact is I had objects of type CKO_DATA on my token and pkcs11-tool
doesn't seem to list them. I will now test more and then get back to you.

Thans for the prompt answer.

--
Alexandre Belloni