TCOS 2.0 pkcs15-init routine

Peter Koch-3
Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 September 2005 16:09, Peter Koch wrote:
> > If I remember this right, Werner Koch programmed a pkcs15-init routine
> > for tcos cards and this was in a former OpenSC version.
> >
> > So where is this old routine?
>
> ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/alpha/aegypten/
>
> Andreas

Hi Andreas and Werner:

I looked at

ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/alpha/aegypten/opensc-0.7.0wk1.tar.gz

So where is the pkcs15init routine for TCOS supposed to be?
There's no TCOS related stuff in src/pkcs15init.

Peter Koch

+++ GMX - die erste Adresse f?r Mail, Message, More +++

Re: TCOS 2.0 pkcs15-init routine

Andreas Jellinghaus-2
On Saturday 17 September 2005 10:39, Peter Koch wrote:
> So where is the pkcs15init routine for TCOS supposed to be?
> There's no TCOS related stuff in src/pkcs15init.

opensc 0.7 didn't have pkcs15init. the whole code was
organized differently at that time. the big reorganisation
came in 0.8, and somehow tcos code by werner was never
ported to it. but - as far as I know - it had some code
for initializing empty cards. not 100% sure.

Re: TCOS 2.0 pkcs15-init routine

Werner Koch
On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 17:32:02 +0200, Andreas Jellinghaus said:

> ported to it. but - as far as I know - it had some code
> for initializing empty cards. not 100% sure.

Yes, we used to be able to create a pkcs#15 file system with the old
version.  However I did not found the time to track all the rewrites
of the pkcs15init code and thus it stopped working.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner