Using Aladdin eToken and USB ccid reader

Using Aladdin eToken and USB ccid reader

Mikael Magnusson-5
Hi,

what is the recommended setup when using both USB ccid readers and an
Aladdin eToken (NG-OTP Pro 64)? I can't uninstall openct (as recommended
in the FAQ), since it's needed for the eToken.

Is it possible to disable the USB ccid driver or add the ids of USB ccid
readers to a blacklist in openct?

/Mikael

Re: Using Aladdin eToken and USB ccid reader

Andreas Jellinghaus-2
Am Dienstag 28 September 2010, um 19:43:27 schrieb Mikael Magnusson:
> Hi,
>
> what is the recommended setup when using both USB ccid readers and an
> Aladdin eToken (NG-OTP Pro 64)? I can't uninstall openct (as recommended
> in the FAQ), since it's needed for the eToken.
>
> Is it possible to disable the USB ccid driver or add the ids of USB ccid
> readers to a blacklist in openct?

edit openct udev files and openct.conf and comment out the
parts about ccid. then openct will not handle those.

On Tue, 2010-09-28 at 20:47 +0200, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:

> Am Dienstag 28 September 2010, um 19:43:27 schrieb Mikael Magnusson:
> > Hi,
> >
> > what is the recommended setup when using both USB ccid readers and an
> > Aladdin eToken (NG-OTP Pro 64)? I can't uninstall openct (as recommended
> > in the FAQ), since it's needed for the eToken.
> >
> > Is it possible to disable the USB ccid driver or add the ids of USB ccid
> > readers to a blacklist in openct?
>
> edit openct udev files and openct.conf and comment out the
> parts about ccid. then openct will not handle those.

Thanks, but I had to also recompile openct without pcsc (and bundles).
Otherwise pcscd failed to open the ccid readers. I also disabled the
check for ccid interface class in sys-linux.c:ifd_scan_usb, to not
depend on the pcscd and openct start order.

I wish this could be simplified.

/Mikael