Using OpenSSH client 5.5p1 under Mac OS X with smart cards, ssh-agent and launchd

Using OpenSSH client 5.5p1 under Mac OS X with smart cards, ssh-agent and launchd

Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE
Dear Friends,

I am writing a new tutorial about using Mac OS X with smartcards.

It includes a section where we install OpenSSH 5.5p1 from MacPorts.
Then I try to modify launchd to run ssh-agent 5.5p1 on startup.

This makes Mac OS X freeze on startup.
If you can propose anything, help would be appreciated.

The tutorial is here:
http://www.gooze.eu/howto/using-openssh-with-smartcards/openssh-client-on-mac-os-x

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel

Re: Using OpenSSH client 5.5p1 under Mac OS X with smart cards, ssh-agent and launchd

Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE
On Wed, 2010-06-30 at 23:34 +0200, Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE wrote:
> This makes Mac OS X freeze on startup.

Mac OS X does not actually freeze on startup. It is only VNC server
which stops working after 15 seconds when access using SSH tunnel. I
don't even have the time to type PIN code on ssh-add
-s /Library/OpenSC/lib/opensc-pkcs11.so

I am not familiar with Mac OS X security. Can you reproduce my tutorial
and tell me what is wrong in ssh-agent support.