Using eToken Pro (Java) with openSc

Bernardo Höhl-2
Dear friends,

I am trying to use eToken Pro on my Mac.

I have copied to it a Certificate, using the provided manufaturers software. I can re-initialize if needed, no problem.

I installed:

etokenframework.pkg
etokendriversleopard.pkg

and issues the commands:
sudo killall pcscd
sudo /usr/sbin/pcscd -a -d -f

When i try testing it by:

pkcs11-tool --test

The token leds flash and I get a return of:

No slot with a token was found.

Any clues?

Thanks!

Bernardo Höhl
Rio de Janeiro

Re: Using eToken Pro (Java) with openSc

Mr Dash Four

> I am trying to use eToken Pro on my Mac.
>
> [...]
>
> The token leds flash and I get a return of:
>
> No slot with a token was found.
>
> Any clues?
I had similar problems when I tried to make it work a while ago (I have
eToken PRO 64k though). See a thread called "eToken PRO 64k" from about
2 months ago.

With the help of others from this group I've made it work to absolute
perfection without using Aladdin's propriety software - just
OpenSC/OpenCT and a bit of development work to fine-tune it at the end.
You can make use of the PKCS11 store, but I would advice you to format
your token with PKCS15 (your old keys will be intact - no worries!) and
use OpenSC/OpenCT - these packages are very well supported and you are
much more likely to get help than getting anything from Aladdin - trust
me on this, I've learned the hard way 2 months ago!