Using libp11 outside of opensc

Juan Antonio Martinez
I'm starting the migration from pkcs11 API to libp11 API
in PAM_pkcs#11.

Here comes the mostly-obvious questions:

- Are there any doc/man/proggramer guide available?
- If not, is anyone working on it?. else, I could write a few lines...
- In mail list I've seen a thread on distribute libp11 as a
separate library. I've seen Ludovic's package:

http://ludovic.rousseau.free.fr/softwares/libp11-0.1.0.tar.gz

But unsure on updated status and future plans on independent
release. I don't like duplicate libp11 tree from opensc to
pam_pkcs11.

- What's on License Status? Actually is OpenSSL-like license,
but readed some question on dual OpenSSL-LGPL licensing...

By studying headers seems that libp11 is what I need: it
encapsulates most of pkcs11 calls in a more usable way
But perhaps, I should maintain pkcs11 code and use it at
compile time if libp11 is not found ┬┐Suggestions?

Juan Antonio

Re: Using libp11 outside of opensc

Ludovic Rousseau
On 14/09/05, Juan Antonio Martinez <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm starting the migration from pkcs11 API to libp11 API
> in PAM_pkcs#11.
>
> Here comes the mostly-obvious questions:
>
> - Are there any doc/man/proggramer guide available?

No documentation I know of. I was planning to add Doxygen comments in
the source code but I have not found the time to do it yet.

> - If not, is anyone working on it?. else, I could write a few lines...
> - In mail list I've seen a thread on distribute libp11 as a
> separate library. I've seen Ludovic's package:
>
> http://ludovic.rousseau.free.fr/softwares/libp11-0.1.0.tar.gz

This is an old version. Do not use it.

libp11 0.1.2 was released 2005-09-05. I update the OpenSC web site to
make it (more) visible.

> But unsure on updated status and future plans on independent
> release. I don't like duplicate libp11 tree from opensc to
> pam_pkcs11.

Please, do not duplicate code. libp11 was extracted from opensc
project to be used independently. Exactly what you need.

> - What's on License Status? Actually is OpenSSL-like license,
> but readed some question on dual OpenSSL-LGPL licensing...

Version 0.1.2 is GNU LGPL.

> By studying headers seems that libp11 is what I need: it
> encapsulates most of pkcs11 calls in a more usable way
> But perhaps, I should maintain pkcs11 code and use it at
> compile time if libp11 is not found ┬┐Suggestions?

I don't think it is a good idea to support both API. Choose one:
libp11 or direct PKCS#11 and stick with it.

Bye,

 For private mail use [hidden email] and not "big brother" Google